Please help in choosing my 2.1 Speakers. Two Options

Reaction score
Good Day,

I need to buy a 2.1 Speaker System for my PC with a X-Fi Elite Pro. Here in my country I have found this two best possibilities,

1.- Creative I-trigue 3400
2.- Altec Lansing VS4221

The second is a little cheaper than the first one. I need to requirements,

1.- Wired or remote control with bass level.
2.- The best possible quality sound.

The first requirement is met by both of them...The second is my doubt...Which is the best choice?

Thanks

PD: I only have this two options, no other..Thanks.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have the itrigue 3400's and they are the business, fantastic mid range with plenty of punchy bass when you want it....the bass regulator on the side of the wired remote completely removes the bass on minimum, and punches it out and will vibrate your walls on maximum...(which i have found on most Logitech setups you cannot completely turn the bass off) which can be a pain at night when people are in bed sleeping.

Go for the creative itrigues you won't be dissapointed...:nod:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
One recommendation - Logitech.

They've never let me down over past 10 years.

Sorry to be a bit narrow minded, but that be the truth.

In my experience, Creative = not much cop.

Logitech = big smile.

Altec Lansing = good, but restricted. Also overpriced.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
One recommenadtion - Logitech.

They've never let me down over past 10 years.

Sorry to be a bit narrow minded, but that be the truth.

In my experience, Creative = not much cop.

Logitech = big smile.

Altec Lansing = good, but restricted. Also overpriced.

Maybe you are right..The only problem is that here in my country there is only one 2.1 Logitech model, the X-230. Maybe it sounds good but it doesnt have remote control and the bass level is in the subwoofer which is awful....So, thats why I only posted the two options I mentioned...Thanks

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
servif2002 said:
Maybe you are right..The only problem is that here in my country there is only one 2.1 Logitech model, the X-230. Maybe it sounds good but it doesnt have remote control and the bass level is in the subwoofer which is awful....So, thats why I only posted the two options I mentioned...Thanks

Sorry mate, I missed that. Me bad.

Have you actually heard The X-230's?

I haven't, but peeps here seem to like them.

Looking at the comments here though, I'd go for the Itrigues. I have a 2.1 set of Altec Lansing speakers and I'm really not too impressed with them. My biggest grumble is that they have no bass level control at all.

This means I have to be very careful where I place the woofer as certain locations can set up resonant frequencies, resulting in a bass that's too deep and a little overwhelming. Other than that they sound good.

I suppose I could fit a wirewound pot to the bass speaker itself, but I can't be bothered.

Reaction score
We have a set of X230's here in the conservatory linked up to the media centre. The sound quality is *Crystal* clearwith no distortion... They look simply amazing and are cheap too!

I use them with every computer build i can and for the money they are absolutely awesome.

Reaction score
Thanks for all your answers,

My problem has been solved. Today Altec Lansing VS4221 is out of stock..So I only have the I-Trigue 3400 option...Well, I have listened de X-230. Sure it is good but I have my PC placed in a corner of my small room. My tower is a Kandalf, soo bulky that I cannot move my desk and the actual 4.1 Inspire Woofer is located on the floor, in the corner itself..So for me it is very difficult to adjust bass level on a speaker that has it located behind the woofer, like the X-230. My really reason to buy a "good" 2.1 speaker system is that I always use a Sennheisser Headphone (which cost me a fortune) to play games or listen movies with my X-Fi Elite Pro. With this headphones all games sound terrific. But as I mentioned, I also have an old 4.1 Inspire System. The problem is that when someone comes to my house and we play games I have to unplug the headphones and plug the 4.1 system, and the procedure is really difficult specially in my small room. You may ask why I dont leave the 4.1 always connected and plug the headphones in the Elite Pro Bay?..Well, the reason is something personal....I read that the Bay headphone plug in the X-Fi Elite Pro is of worse quality than the one in the card itself. So I want to leave the headphones always plugged in the card and the good 2.1 system in the Bay...As due to work I dont have too much time to accept players in my deparment, with this solution I am prepared for both oportunities...Thanks again for all your help.

Ask a Question