My thoughts are with you all in Manchester

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
Palava+kynttil%C3%A4musta+tausta+9_M.jpg

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
We're both safe (and people we know) - it's awful reading the news, it will have been a concert full of young kids :(. I was at the MEN arena the day before (to see Brian Cox live) and walked that way out, and it was packed full of people in a small space. I can only imagine what must have happened.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I think we're all still in shock. I can't get over the fact that they targeted an even with such a high proportion of young people. Just think - moments before the bomb went off, the bomber would have been surrounded by happy young people, kids who had just seen their idol. Who looks at that crowd and thinks "Yep, they all deserve to die"? What a cowardly piece of **** :mad:

I'm thanking my lucky stars that it wasn't the night before, otherwise I could have lost both my husband and my brother :(

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Reading this was a bit of a shock. My sympathy to all who lost dear ones.

These situations bring out the best and the worst in folk. This guy is a real true brit,
Nadia-Khomami.jpg

Nadia Khomami

A homeless man who rushed into the Manchester Arena to help victims of the attack has told of the moment a woman died in his arms after she was injured in the blast.

Chris Parker, 33, was begging in the foyer of the venue when the bomb went off, killing 22 people and injuring another 59.

He told the Press Association: “Everyone was piling out, all happy and everything else. As people were coming out of the glass doors I heard a bang and within a split second I saw a white flash, then smoke and then I heard screaming.

“It knocked me to the floor and then I got up and instead of running away my gut instinct was to run back and try and help.

“There was people lying on the floor everywhere.

“I saw a little girl. I wrapped her in one of the merchandise T-shirts and I said, ‘Where is your mum and daddy?’ She said, ‘My dad is at work, my mum is up there.’”

Parker said he thought the girl’s mother had died from her injuries.

He also said he had tended to a woman in her 60s with serious leg and head injuries. “She passed away in my arms,” he said. “She was in her 60s and she had been with her family. I haven’t stopped crying. The most shocking part of it is that it was a kids’ concert.”

Parker has slept rough in Manchester for about a year, PA reports. Meanwhile, residents across the city have opened up their homes and offered help to those affected by the attack, using the hashtag #RoomForManchester on social media.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...b0ca009308f2ab#block-59240b85e4b0ca009308f2ab

:cool:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Just back from a few days away. Horrified.

When I saw the picture of that beautiful little eight year old girl, the first to be named, I was so angry. She reminded me of my seven year old granddaughter.

Good to see that there are several arrests today and I'm sure that they will be guilty. More of them off the streets but then we will have to keep them for the next 50 years at an amazing cost.

Ask a Question