My Pictures Folder

Joy

I'm not sure if this is the correct NewsGroup to ask this question ? ?

The default for the My Pictures folder is within the My Documents folder.
I was backing up MyDocs onto a CD and it told me there wasn't room
(apparently the My Pictures was too big). So I moved the My Pictures folder
to my Desktop and the CD backed up MyDocs OK. But now I still seem to have
a My Pictures folder in My Document, plus one on the Desktop, plus one that
seems to be located in C-Drive\Documents & Settings\My Name\My Documents\My
Pictures ! (And they don't all have the same pictures in them - some are
the same, but not all.) I need to condense all the My Pictures into one
folder, but I'm not sure how. TIA for any help with this.

David Candy

My Pictures folder in My Document and C-Drive\Documents & Settings\My Name\My Documents\My

is the same thing.

Select All (Edit menu) files in one on Desktop and drag to (or Copy or Cut on Edit menu then Paste in) the other folder. Shift + No = No To All if you get a confirmation dialog.

Joy

Thanks,David. Haven't had a chance to do that yet - have had a zillion
things going on today. One other question. When I moved the My Pictures
folder to Desktop in the first place (to make MyDocs smaller for backing
up), as I said, it seemed to also stay in MyDocs. If/when I have to move it
out of MyDocs again next time I back up, is there any way to make sure it
actually LEAVES MyDocs?

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
My Pictures folder in My Document and C-Drive\Documents & Settings\My
Name\My Documents\My

is the same thing.

Select All (Edit menu) files in one on Desktop and drag to (or Copy or Cut
on Edit menu then Paste in) the other folder. Shift + No = No To All if you
get a confirmation dialog.

David Candy

It should have moved it. If it was unable to complete the move you should have used Ctrl + Z (or Edit menu - Undo). You would have received a dialog.