My new toy!

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Here's the watch I wear most of the time.

attachment.php

It's actually my late father's watch and dates back to the late 1950s, well before battery driven watches and has the name Constanta on it. It has an Incabloc shock resistant system and 25 jewels and an automatic winding mechanism which is activated by any movement of the watch.

No idea what it cost or what it's worth now - probably not very much. :)

Doesn't keep perfect time but gains a few seconds every day.

Attachments

• DSCF4489a.jpg
    DSCF4489a.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Here's the watch I wear most of the time.

That is a beautiful retro look! It reminds me of the watch passed on to me by my late Dad an Omega Seamaster in Rose Gold circa 1952, unfortunately 3 years after I got it, it was stolen. :(

Here is the exact same watch, I really miss it.

Omega%20Seamaster%20354.jpg

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
(Think I will buy a repair kit... my favourite local jewelery shop has now closed down, so it's a bit of a trek to get batteries changed now.) :)

Yes that is a very good idea, in fact everyone on the forum should buy the kit and save money for something else. :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
My son just got this nice looking watch last week. Looks like he is influenced by my taste in watches, he is 21 so I don't interfere in his purchases.

i00743.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Interesting thread.
Some neat watches on show here though to me a watch is just for telling the time and I very rarely wear one. Quad your son has good taste Swatch watches are just fab. I bought this one in 1985,

attachment.php

and it stayed on my wrist almost permanently for three years. It went through two summers of major house rebuilding, swimming in the sea and lakes and all sorts of adventures, never missed a beat and after a rinse under the tap looked as good as the day it was bought. Unfortunately after spending a day in the mountains rock climbing I noticed that my lovely Swatch had decided to stay in the mountains without even so much as a goodbye.
I never wore a watch after that and did not find it caused any inconvenience to me. In fact not wearing a watch was quite a help in the various business's I ran. In that it was a good way to break the ice with new contacts and quickly establish rapport with them. A simple, " excuse me I seem to have left my watch at home, could you give me the time? " has led to some very interesting and profitable conversations.
:D

Attachments

• 2011-10-02_095830.jpg
    2011-10-02_095830.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 333

Ask a Question