My new rig?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That must have cost so much :eek:

Wouldn't mind an office like that, I have to admit - although I'll I'd do would be play games ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have seen similar setups in schools, colleges and corporate enviroments, it is quite amazing (though I've never seen that many screens in a single place arranged like that).

And hey, he has the same hard disk caddies as me :p

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
psd99 said:
mmm very nice

intel pentium pro?

Oh yeah....plus 6 overhead cam's........and one of those catamalistic conveyers........
Oh, and fluffy dice....X 6.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I have seen similar setups in schools

:eek: :lol:

what school did you look at?

In our science labs we still got a pc on windows 95, 800mhz cpu, 16mb RAM and a 2.5Gb hard drive....

Monitors not bad though ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
what school did you look at?

In our science labs we still got a pc on windows 95, 800mhz cpu, 16mb RAM and a 2.5Gb hard drive....

Monitors not bad though ;)

Quite a few Inner London secondary schools have big servers and networks and even some of the primary schools have impressive setups.

Many employ a full time IT person to keep them running whereas in other schools one of the teachers will look after it with the aid of outside help.

Reaction score
My school invested thousands in the network. We have about 100 - 120 computers, all xp pro, some p4 3ghz, some p3 - all flatscreen. Problem is, we left no money for any other part of the school, so every other department is failing miserably.

Reaction score
PotGuy said:
My school invested thousands in the network. We have about 100 - 120 computers, all xp pro, some p4 3ghz, some p3 - all flatscreen. Problem is, we left no money for any other part of the school, so every other department is failing miserably.

True.

Our school is pretty much bankrupt (i have my sources ;)) after it spent half a million on a dance studio. We do have fairly good computers though, not terribley great though.

Floppy - I guess i'm in a school that isnt so fortunate financially... most of the money goes on pe since it is a sports college.

Did anyone see that primary school with the new it equipment, it was on the news a while back. They had access to very flash and expensive projectors and software.

Reaction score
Oh yeah and I forgot there is a projector in every room - all 79 of them - which never get used. And i am talking proper £400 stuff, not those crappy optical ones :p

Ask a Question