What you all think?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It looks good, fairly specced, good size screen, it will do what you want and the price, while nothing special, is fair.

On the down side a quick search reveals there are quite a few being offered used and refurbished which may suggest they haven't been too popular with their previous owners. It may also mean that model has been out for a long time and may be replaced with something newer soon. It's also a Hewlett Packard and it's also being sold by PC World.

It may suit you, you may be very happy with it but I'd do a little research first before purchase. I wouldn't go for one personally, not customizable enough, but that's just me.

If I was going to buy an all-in-one like that I'd seriously consider an i-Mac, cos they look gorgeous but then when I checked out their prices the cheapest one they offer is £1K :eek: Which is probably why I'm no Apple fan boy ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
A de-constructed laptop, nice screen, proper keyboard, reasonable price for what it is ... similar to my £99 smartie phone. :)

The G620 CPU is on par to an i3, cos they share the same vid GPU and apparently, gaming wise, is just as good.

If you ain't a gamer, an orange will do. :cool:

Reaction score
Thanks FBS and Mucks;)
What it is I can`t be bothered anymore to build a PC,
Your input is food for thought I have a iPhone but! my fingers are to BIG for using it:wall:Keep hitting two or more digits hence What becomes wqjhasrt:lol:
I will do some deep research into this.
Thanks again both.:thumb:

Reaction score
for what it's worth pcworld seem to have a sale on & a friend bought a 17" toshiba laptop last week, good spec and £150 cheaper than staples & comet, they do mostly surfing & the odd game or 2.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=raspberrypi

Get one of theses then if you mainly surf. £40 ish with case and cables etc and runs at a few measly watts per hour. :D
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisplay.html?id=raspberrypi

Aye, all well and good but itsme has made it clear he doesn't want another PC build and the Rasberry Pi is most definitely a build, almost an enthusiast thing.

I have crtiticised PC World but would point out they are not all bad, I often buy components from them, on some things they are actually quite competitively priced plus you have the advantage of same day purchase and real world returns if something goes wrong.

Reaction score
Just had a look at some of the reviews and customers seem to like it does what it said on the tin, but some people had trouble installing Office 2010 Pro.

Reaction score
Thanks again,
I am away for a week so I will sort it when I return.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
itsme,

I used to sell these HP's just until a month ago when I worked at a large retailer, I knew more about PC's than anyone in the store (staff of 20 idiots) and most of the time I ended up explaining the technicalities of these machines. We offered three models, one in 20 inch screen size and two in 23 inch.

I have used these and can tell you that the touch screen is very very good, never had any issue whatsoever. I also know that the returns compared to the laptops and desktops that we sold was negligible. It was more the fault of the user than the unit.

Having said all that, I agree with some of the comments made by others, like upgradability. Sure enough the standard tower cpu's have more room in that respect. In my opinion the computer you buy today will be obsolete anyway in the next three years no matter it is a laptop, or a desktop. The only reason for that is that the newer software is more demanding as time passes, three years later if you install the latest and greatest software on this machine it will slow it down considerably. As it ages it will start to drag, time for a new machine. That is what computer technology is all about. One year in computer technology is equal to a decade, 3 years, a generation.

All in all I would say it is a decent machine which will give you good service.

I agree with Flops about the iMac, the best desktop there is, but at a a price. I have also played around with a Samsung desktop similar to HP and that too is a great option, very elegant styling and well featured.

Hope you decide on a machine that well suits your needs.

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys.
[1] I need more room that is why I want an all in one.
[2] Having read about all the aspects regarding all in one PCs
It appears a touch screen is the better option that does not mean I have to use it as a touch screen as obviously a keyboard and mouse will achieve the same functions?

[3] I priced BYO as an all in one PEW! I need a 2nd mortgage [Joke]

I have some more research to do before I decide which one.
At the moment HP are winning:bow::dance:

Ask a Question