MY monitor keeps switching off! Why?

Reaction score
Oh just thought about something. These are professional hackers that did this.

They did I for money. Thats a professional. They bombed the PC to hide the proof.

I dont know how the phone company is there but here if ya have some proof that ya didnt make the phone call ya wont get charged or get credit for.

A hacker made the phone call not your friends.

Print the Ewido log out and mabe this post, your friends my walk in nice and frienly and talk a way out or get credit.

F:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\axfreeaccess.dll -> Dialer.Generic : Cleaned with backup

The drive letter also give proof that ya did the work and its not on your PC.

kel

Reaction score
No, ewido didn't quarantine it, and its in the correct folder as are the other suspect files: crss.exe and winlogon.exe...Still not sure about crss.exe tho...

By the way, how do you get xp into safe mode? Is that with f8 aswell?

If so, I can't seem to get xp to boot into safe mode..

Reaction score
When your PC starts up its in bios. Watch the screen during startup it should say somewhere. A few PC brands yull have the make four XP startup floppy disk cause the bios doesnt have it like Compaq.

Which button has nothing to do with XP its in bios.

kel

Reaction score
It doesn't sat anything about safe mode at strtup...

It says press f** for setup (bios)...
press f** to change boot order...

Thats it...nothing about safe mode...

kel

Reaction score
I have been removing the quarantined items from my softwares quarantine folder, as they are from the defective system and not mine. This is okay isn't it?

kel

Reaction score
Okay, well I seem to have sorted the worms and dialers and trojans from the defectice system, now I am going to actually start salvaging my mates files and burn them to dvd media.

Then , should I reformat the defective HDD whilst still on my system, or should I put it back in his desktop tower and go ahead with installing xp pro?

Also, I am aware that there may still be lurkers in his motherboard or bios, how do I sort them out, or will they dissappear once I install xp pro?

Reaction score
Yes I was going to post to clean out quarintine.

Trojans dont spead from drive to drive like a virus does. You would have to execute it for it to get on your PC. I think Ewido detected a faulse positive.

I should be all cleaned up now nothing lurking.

kel

Reaction score
All sorted now!

Just letting you know its all sorted now, thanks for your advice!

After doing several trojan and virus sweeps, I got rid of the quarantined results. Then backed up all data ( yes all of it was still intact) to dvd and then formatted the two partitions on the corrupted HDD. Then reinserted to old system and installed xp pro.
My mate reported back that the system is running smoothly, so job well done. I'm glad I could help and probably saved him a bit of money!!

Thanks again for your help.Keep up the good work!..

ps: I'm still interested in Live Linux music system distro's, but havn't had enough time to investigate fully..

Ask a Question