My current games

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Installed on main rig.

Have a whole shedload of stuff installed on two other machines including loads of retro but this is the selection currently residing on my main rig hard drive.

I could probably safely uninstall quite a few here, doubtful I'll play some any more:

attachment.php

Nerd? Me? Haha :D

Attachments

• games_pic_2.JPG
    games_pic_2.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 252

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
LOL not at all you just have a big hard drive hehee

Not really, 300Gb, comprised of a pair of 150Gb Velicoraptors in RAID 0.

All the non-Steam games I install to my storage drive, a 500Gb flava.

attachment.php

Attachments

• mycomputer.JPG
    mycomputer.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 296

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Since first post I've picked up a few on the cheap, around six quid each:

The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Dead Space
Just Cause 2

I bought The Witcher when it first came out and it was a bit crap, odd gameplay and riddled with bugs, so I sold it.

The re-released (enhanced) edition has actually turned this into a half decent game. It's a competent rpg with acceptable graphics, it ain't no Oblivion but it's worth playing.

Dead Space I don't like. Has the most flakey control system I've come across for a while, it's just too awkward to control. I doubt if I'll go back to this one, it'll probably end up stored with all me other junk or I may try and flog it on flea bay.

Just Cause 2 is a blast :) The controls are a bit hit and miss sometimes, especially the grappling hook, but the emphasis here is on fun. Smash and blow everything up! Yay! I'm just starting the third mission, joined my first faction on the island. Well worth the money.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just watched a trailer for Just Cause 2 and it looks a hoot :D.

I see it's only a fiver on Amazon so I may pick this up after xmas - PC games really do come down in price quick don't they!

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Since first post I've picked up a few on the cheap, around six quid each:

The Witcher Enhanced Edition
Dead Space
Just Cause 2

I bought The Witcher when it first came out and it was a bit crap, odd gameplay and riddled with bugs, so I sold it.

The re-released (enhanced) edition has actually turned this into a half decent game. It's a competent rpg with acceptable graphics, it ain't no Oblivion but it's worth playing.

Dead Space I don't like. Has the most flakey control system I've come across for a while, it's just too awkward to control. I doubt if I'll go back to this one, it'll probably end up stored with all me other junk or I may try and flog it on flea bay.

Just Cause 2 is a blast :) The controls are a bit hit and miss sometimes, especially the grappling hook, but the emphasis here is on fun. Smash and blow everything up! Yay! I'm just starting the third mission, joined my first faction on the island. Well worth the money.

Dead Space is a brilliant game on console.....can't believe you don't like it Flopp's. Survival horror in space with parts in zero grav.....brilliant on console.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, seems Dead Space is just another cheapo console port fpr PC.

Believe me, it don't work on PC and yet I've read good console reviews for it.

It cost me a fiver, fair price to pay for a gamble, but I'd have been well cheesed off if I'd paid full price for it.

Like Metro 2033 for instance :mad:

Gotta say it does look like a good game though but here we have a strange situation where mouse and keyboard control on PC is as bad as gamepad control on console with this game.

Maybe thinking only buy games that offer demos in the future cos it seems to me that for every little gem there's a few turkeys wrestlin' for your money ;)

CSB

Reaction score
I thought Mafia 1 was fantastic when I first played it, really captured that feel and time perfectly in my opinion, I've got number 2 for the PS3, but its for Christmas so can't play it until then.

Does anyone remember a PC game called Desperados ?. I loved it but was disappointed when they released a 3D version as every review said it had so many flaws. I still like the 2D original though and still own it.

There was even a Demo given away with Kellogs Cornflake packets about 7 - 8 years ago (Maybe more, I'm getting old), contained a full level which wasn't available to play on the Full Retail game, so I can say I truly own the full game. Haha ha ha ha.

And No, you can't have it lol

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever played a game called "Thief"....i played it ont ps2 years ago and heard there was a folow up but didnt spot anything going around. I heard it was stolen from the pc family. Anyway it was a great game.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Has anyone here ever played a game called "Thief"....i played it ont ps2 years ago and heard there was a folow up but didnt spot anything going around. I heard it was stolen from the pc family. Anyway it was a great game.

Yep, bought it at the time, didn't like it, sold it. Me not fond of stealth games, I like dem bull-in-a-china-shop style games meself :)

I know there was a Thief II, have a feeling there may also have been a Thief III but not sure.

I will say it was a good game, just not for me.

Ask a Question