Gaming Mouse Suggestions

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm on the lookout for a gaming mouse with a few more buttons, as my current mouse only has 2 side buttons that I can assign. In games like Apex Lengends, it's pretty hard to get some important hotkeys bound.

What are people here using? I'd ideally like 5+ buttons other than the normal 2 (+ scroll button).

So far, I'm considering the Logitech G602 (but I'm not wedded to cordless):

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers @V_R, a lot on that review list to choose from. I'm surprised at how many of them just have a couple of buttons, looks like the Razer mice do have a few extra. I'll have a peruse this weekend.

I normally do the same bindings, but in Apex Legends there are quite a few times where I'd like to be able to crouch and use a special weapon, which is too many things for my WASD fingers :lol:.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
@Ian, my gaming mouse of choice - for the past couple of years, has been the Logitech G600. It has 12 buttons on the side, easily reached with the thumb. On top, in addition to the usual left/right click, centre scroll wheel, etc., there is a G shift function button, operated by the ring finger.

It's very easy to create key-binds using the Logi gaming software, (and in case anyone is wondering, yes, I DO actually use most of the buttons.) It took me a surprisingly short time to become used to the extra buttons, which I find speed-up play considerably.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
KISS!

G.Skill Ripjaws MX780 RGB Laser Gaming mouse ... the usual buttons +4

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
@Ian, my gaming mouse of choice - for the past couple of years, has been the Logitech G600. It has 12 buttons on the side, easily reached with the thumb. On top, in addition to the usual left/right click, centre scroll wheel, etc., there is a G shift function button, operated by the ring finger.

That looks somewhat similar to the G602 I was considering, although it looks like there's an extra bit to the right of the mouse? What's that for, is it just an extra finger rest, or an actual button?

I'm glad you said that getting used to the buttons is simple enough, as that was my concern that it would make me an even worse player trying to remember which keys I bound to which action :lol:.

G.Skill Ripjaws MX780 RGB Laser Gaming mouse ... the usual buttons +4

There's just something I don't like about mice that look like that, I think I like the smoother ergonomic ones. Does it feel more comfortable than it looks?

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That looks somewhat similar to the G602 I was considering, although it looks like there's an extra bit to the right of the mouse? What's that for, is it just an extra finger rest, or an actual button?

It is an actual button called the G shift. "Activate G-shift with the ring-finger button to instantly double the number of actions you can perform with every button." ...Or you can simply assign it to your own desired function. :thumb:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It is an actual button called the G shift. "Activate G-shift with the ring-finger button to instantly double the number of actions you can perform with every button." ...Or you can simply assign it to your own desired function. :thumb:

Ah, I get it now, I didn't realise that was the button you meant in your first post - I need more coffee :lol:.

Reaction score

It's very easy to create key-binds using the Logi gaming software, (and in case anyone is wondering, yes, I DO actually use most of the buttons.) It took me a surprisingly short time to become used to the extra buttons, which I find speed-up play considerably.
Seconded, great mouse. Has lasted over 2 years here and buttons still work fine. Previous Corsair's mouse lasted barely a year before buttons sort of wore out and started unintentional double clicks.

Ask a Question