Windows XP My Computer/My Document open up automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello Guys !!!!

Several times, when i start up my PC, i find that My Computer/My Document open up automatically. I want to remove this problem from my system and don't want these Windows to open automatically unless and until needed.

Is there anyone who can help me to repair this issue.

Thank you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forums :)

Can you open up the Start > Programs menu and take a look in the "startup" folder? Are there any entries in there? It could be that a My Documents folder shortcut has been created there by accident, loading it each time your start your PC

Also, if you run "msconfig" and click on the startup tab, are there any entries relating to My Documents there?

Reaction score
“My documents/My computer” opens up automatically

tech guy said:
Hello Guys !!!!

Several times, when i start up my PC, i find that My Computer/My Document open up automatically. I want to remove this problem from my system and don't want these Windows to open automatically unless and until needed.

Is there anyone who can help me to repair this issue.

Thank you.

Hi....

As mentioned in your query that whenever you boot your system, My Document/My Computer opens automatically, i would like to discuss my opinion in similar context.

You can take reference from

*Spam Links Removed. - V_R
LOL, I knew this was heading in this direction.... Two Posters, same IP...... :rolleyes:

And i am sure that it will sort out your query.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question