Multiple word instances

Reaction score
Hi all.

I am just about being driven insane by a word problem I have.

I work with some web based software which generates word documents based on templates in my workgroup template folder. That is all good.

The problem that I have is that if word is already running when I try to produce one of these files, a new instance of word is spawned which tries to re-open the templates in my startup folder. This in itself wouldn't really be an issue if it wasn't for the fact that it tries to open the ~$ temporary files as templates for the second instance.

This means that everytime I want to use this functionality I have to close all other word windows before I create my new document.

I have looked at google and at the MS KB and all seem to suggest that it is something to do with the SDI / MDI interface. This only deals with how the documents are displayed though, and not what happens when multiple instances are spawned.

If anyone has any thoughts or help for this I would love to hear from you.

Much thanks in advance

Brendon

Ask a Question