    Thanks for any insight...sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't
    find it in searching the files.

    Debbie

    Guest, May 23, 2006

  2. Cubzwin1908 wrote:
    > About once a day I will be switching from one page to another when
    > all of a sudden after a slight pause a new IE browser window will
    > open and then another and another...until they finally stop at about
    > 70. I can't close them as they will just continue to pile up more, I
    > finally have to restart.
    >
    > I wondered if it could have anything to do with needing more RAM? I
    > know that I have the minimum that MSN needs to run.
    >
    > Thanks for any insight...sorry if this has been asked before, I
    > couldn't find it in searching the files.
    >
    > Debbie

    You probably have a malware infection.

    So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?

    Help with Hijackware
    All MS - MVP Sites.
    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    (http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm)
    (http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm)
    (http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html)
    (http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm)

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
    "Anyone who prefers security over freedom deserves neither."

    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE, May 23, 2006

    Donny Broome Guest

    It sounds like your machine is infected with spyware. The page below details
    many fine products that might be able to help you. I personally prefer
    Ad-Aware and SpySweeper.

    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    Donny Broome
    http://www.broomeman.com/tech/