multiple beeps no video

Reaction score
As i look at my existing psu, I can see one 20 pin mobo power connector and one 4 pin mobo power connector. There is nothing to slide off the 20 pin, nor does there appear that there was anything ever attached to it (unless it was possibly the 4 pin).

The mobo spec calls for a 24 pin mobo connector plus a 4 pin mobo power connector.

I am confused.

Reaction score
Odysseus said:
As i look at my existing psu, I can see one 20 pin mobo power connector and one 4 pin mobo power connector. There is nothing to slide off the 20 pin, nor does there appear that there was anything ever attached to it (unless it was possibly the 4 pin).

The mobo spec calls for a 24 pin mobo connector plus a 4 pin mobo power connector.

I am confused.

The MOBO in the pic has a 20 pin and a 4 pin if you use that MOBO put the 4 pin to the 4 pin connector [top left] it will only go one way [offset] then the 20pin as the 20 pin has only 20 pins so you cant get a 24 pin on can you:) the 4 pin is black/yellow;)

Reaction score
Now I see where the confusion comes from. Yes, I am now looking at the picture whcih to best of my limited closeup vision can determine, seems to be a 20 pin connector.

However, I was going from the specs, which read:

Internal I/O Connectors
2 x USB connector supports additional 4 USB ports
24-pin ATX Power connector
4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
CD / AUX audio in
Chassis Intrusion
CPU / Chassis FAN connectors
Front panel audio connector
S/PDIF out connector

Now the question is, which is correct?

Reaction score
Do you have the MOBO yet?

Now when you set it up> put CPU in then connect the 4PIN FIRST

The 20 PIN SECOND to me that is important:nod:
24-pin ATX Power connector
4-pin ATX 12V Power connector

What they mean is 4pin is for CPU power boost 12V without it it wont boot-up, the 20 pin is for each other component, they do confuse people so dont worry if in doubt ask dont be afraid better safe than sorry;)

Reaction score
I have not ordered the board yet, considering it important to clarify the psu connector issue first.

This is the first time I have heard of it being important to connect the 4 pin connector first (not that I know much about it), but am interested to know exactly how important that is? If critical, why do the mobo instructions not mention it?

What happens if you connect the 20 pin first?

Reaction score
Odysseus said:
I have not ordered the board yet, considering it important to clarify the psu connector issue first.

This is the first time I have heard of it being important to connect the 4 pin connector first (not that I know much about it), but am interested to know exactly how important that is? If critical, why do the mobo instructions not mention it?

What happens if you connect the 20 pin first?

Its not critical its just the way I build PCs always have done with Dual-core CPUs. As a mate did blow a MOBO once and put it down to not RTM properly I think it were a Asrock MOBO that stated first to connect the 4 pin. So I do to all.:)

Ask a Question