Multifunction Printer

Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced multifunction printer whose ink cartridges won't cost the earth cos I'm just about ready to throw my ****** Epson printer out the window.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you tried refilled carts in your Epson? All types of ink seem to be expensive, but Canon doesn't seem to be as bad as the others (from my experience anyway).

Reaction score
My epson playing up again. Cleaned the heads etc then it wouldn't recognise black ink cart. Got that sorted and now won't recognise coloured ink cart. Been at it for 2 days now. Tried everything I can think of. Also got the message to check my printer connection a few times but connection is ok. The carts are proper epson ones.
Going to buy new printer as so fed up with this one.
Thought I may as well go for a multifunction one this time. Been checking online & ink carts seem to cost as much as the printer itself. Guess that's true of most printers though. Will take a look at Canon. Thanks.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Try cleaning the brass contacts with cpu cleaner or rub a bit of pencil lead on them.

happywave.gif

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I dunno what Epson printer greenascabbage has, but my sister has the exact same one. :nod:

I refused to "fix" it and she's still moaning after several months. :rolleyes:

I only buy Epson salts. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
I have a Samsung SCX-4200 multifunction laser, it doesn't do colour though. Bought it near a year ago and still on the toner cartridge it came with!

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Try cleaning the brass contacts with cpu cleaner or rub a bit of pencil lead on them.

happywave.gif

Been careful not to run pencil lead between the brass contacts that is...

Ask a Question