mucks' peapod website ... comming soon!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Following Google's insistence that media outlets shouldn't be using the term "Googling," Apple Computer has become similarly protective over the word "pod."

The Cupertino, Calif.-based company has sent cease-and-desist letters to at least two companies that include the word "pod" in their product titles, in connection with its iPod digital-music players.

Mach5products.com, which sells a device for collecting data from vending machines called Profit Pod, received one of the letters. TightPod, which manufactures laptop-protecting covers, got another.

Apple asked both companies to rename their products, arguing that they infringe on its iPod trademark.

Sarah Wright, intellectual-property solicitor at law firm Olswang, said Apple's letters are not unusual. The Mac maker may not expect or intend to take the matter all the way to court, she said.

"It's common practice for big-brand owners to send letters like this...If they don't police their brand properly and ensure that trademarks that are too similar to their brands don't get on the register, it makes it more difficult to enforce their rights against third parties," she said.
Hey, Quad ... better watch you don't get a letter off these idiots ... they may need you to change the name of your triPOD.

Bird's Eye better look out

laughingsmiley.gif

http://news.com.com/Apple+iPod+means+our+pod/2100-1030_3-6105789.html?tag=nefd.top

Reaction score
You may need a new name

That could mean you may not be able to be "Muckshifter" anymore.
Murdoch could claim the name for himself, after all he's been a muckshifter for years on the farm:rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh nOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Worse than thet Mucks wait till gatesy boy gets wind of

VISTAME.CO.UK !!!

I`ll be up Mucks street without a paddle !!! :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It's all getting a bit silly isn't it. I noticed RS has 'Do Great Things' as a registered trade mark.

Does this mean to say none of us will be able to use certain words or name something what we like if somebody else has used it and laid 'legal' claim to it?

fooey!

Ok, can we use these names to sell confectionery? Spangles, Opal Fruits and Aztec Bars ;)

Makes me want to get up on my podium....

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Try it ..I have rights

Proper USA mumbo jumbo can be found here...only if u can be bothered to read through loads of crap that says...We will protect you mr brand name and in return can i have 50 of your products free or will you sponsor my corrupt government ...B***sh*t

sue me gatesy .hehehehehehe

http://usinfo.state.gov/products/pubs/intelprp/index.htm

p.s

vista used to be my nickname for "help" when i fell off my bike way back in 1974 ..i wrote it on a tree "VISTAME" OR "HELP ME" . MY FRIENDS KNEW IT AND ALWAYS HELPED ME ..Do`s that in effect give ME intellectual rights ??? if i can show you the tree ??????

Last edited:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Like flops said, this is all getting silly beyond words :nod:

I reckon the whole lot of them need to have their mouths scrubbed out & be sent to bed without tea like any bunch of spoiled brats screaming at each other in the streets :nod:

& do they really think that we're that stupid that we're actually going to go home with a computer case next time we wanna buy an MP3 player? :confused:

Ask a Question