MSE and e-mail

Moose

I am getting an error message no. 0X800CCC0F and after reviewing other
questions and answers, thought I should disable the virus checker for my
e-mail. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, but cannot find the
location to disable the virus checker on e-mail. Can you help? Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen

MSE has nothing to disable because by design it doesn't scan emails.

That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message,
copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
without the complete error message. The error number by itself is not
very helpful.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Moose" wrote in message
I am getting an error message no. 0X800CCC0F and after reviewing other
questions and answers, thought I should disable the virus checker for my
e-mail. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, but cannot find the
location to disable the virus checker on e-mail. Can you help? Thanks.

Steve Cochran

I beg to differ. The user needs to go to the Settings of MSE and disable the eml file type from being scanned. If the eml file is deleted, then there is a mismatch between what the database thinks is there and what actually is there in the message store.

steve

"Moose" wrote in message
I am getting an error message no. 0X800CCC0F and after reviewing other
questions and answers, thought I should disable the virus checker for my
e-mail. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, but cannot find the
location to disable the virus checker on e-mail. Can you help? Thanks.

Gary VanderMolen

I was talking about the 'live' scanning that most antivirus programs do
on a message that is being received or sent.

"Moose" wrote in message
I am getting an error message no. 0X800CCC0F and after reviewing other
questions and answers, thought I should disable the virus checker for my
e-mail. I am using Microsoft Security Essentials, but cannot find the
location to disable the virus checker on e-mail. Can you help? Thanks.

Steve Cochran

Okay. That 'live scanning' really screws things up for OE and WinMail. But the mismatch can occur if the eml or nws files are deleted without a corresponding deletion of the database record. In WinMail one can access the program to remove the database records, but in WLM there is no API so there is no way (without diggin' on one's on) to remove those database entries when the eml files are deleted outside of the messaging program.

steve