MS Photo Editor to default . . .

Wayne G. Dengel

Please . . .
How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer"?
Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
(second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.

Thank you!
Wayne

David Candy

Normally files are opened. The verb is Open. However P&F Viewer uses edit as it takes Open itself.

Look here
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

We don't know what you've done with your computer.

Bert Kinney

Hi Wayne,

If you want to use Picture Viewer as you photo viewer right click on a
file type such as jpg and select Open With - Choose Program - Windows
Picture and fax viewer, then put a check mark in the box next to
"Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". The next
time you click on a jpg file it will open in Picture Viewer.

Wayne G. Dengel

David:

on Picture and FAX Viewer was gone - defaulted to Paint. Changed back to
Pic & FAX Viewer. Meanwhile the editor still reverts to Paint.

Wayne