Outlook MS Outlook 2003 multiple large PST issues

Reaction score
On multiple machines we have anissue where if there are multiple PST's that are 1 GB or larger in size (Through trying to recreate it seems to be roughly 10 PST's of > or = 1GB) the PST's will lockup to where you cannot expand them. Before I simply created a new image with a fresh intall of Office 03 and everything worked. If we install Office 07 everything works. However on the affected machine if we simply uninstall and reinstall office 03 it will run into the same issue. I am 100% confident that at least two of the machines affected this way are 100% malware and virus free so I have removed that as a possibility. All of the machines also have at least 2 GB of RAM, many have 4 GB, with at least 80 GB SATA drives.

Is there an issue with multiple large PSTs and the way Outlook 03 handles them related to Windows XP that Outlook 07 remedies? Any thoughts on the way I am looking at this and other troubleshooting advice would be very welcome. The only thing I can think of is tha way Outlook 03 handles memory and allocates it to PST's, as the PST's arent corrupt since I copy them and use them again in a fresh OS install with a new install of office.

Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas? I can fix with a reimage, but I would prefer not to have to take users down that long and this only happens on a few machines.

Reaction score
Panama Creel, no ones answered your post as they probably can't help.
Perhaps a forum dedicated to MS Outlook would be better for you to get the help you are after!

Ask a Question