Outlook Outlook - Autosave

Reaction score
I have kind of a unique problem. I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find a reasonable solution. In my office, a team of us works on several projects. Each of these projects are saved on our server. We all get emails related to each individual project and save those emails in a sub folder within Outlook on our computers. We want a way to drop these emails in a sub folder and have them automatically saved from our sub folder to our correspondence folder within the project file on the server. That way, if Person A gets an email from our client, he can drop it in his sub folder and later Person B would be able to see that email from our correspondence file on the server.

Any suggestions would be very helpful. Currently we drag and drop each email individually into the folder on the server, but this is time consuming. We would like it to go straight from a sub folder in outlook.

I have read a little about .pst and it seems it is on the right track. But if we use that then 4 or 5 of us all would need our own .pst file. Then for Person B to load Person As emails, they would have to load their entire .pst file. We would much rather have it broken down where they can just open individual emails as needed.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Wow, I think you need to write more details about this problem, you know I asked a question 2 weeks ago, and never got the answer...unstill now, no ppl even viewd it...

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Hrm.

In my office, a team of us works on several projects. Each of these projects are saved on our server. We all get emails related to each individual project and save those emails in a sub folder within Outlook on our computers.

This would be managed by rules within Outlook itself. You can set up rules for sorting emails as they arrive or upon demand.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/create-a-rule-HP005242897.aspx

http://legalofficeguru.com/configuring-rules-in-microsoft-outlook-to-automate-message-handling/

We want a way to drop these emails in a sub folder and have them automatically saved from our sub folder to our correspondence folder within the project file on the server. That way, if Person A gets an email from our client, he can drop it in his sub folder and later Person B would be able to see that email from our correspondence file on the server.

Do you currently have a configuration where others can see a sorted email system? Something doesn't exactly add up. Each PST file is it's own entity. If you are sharing a single PST file from a server location, this would be the only scenario that I can think of that would possibly work.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Ask a Question