HankB

When I move my Microsoft Intellipoint Mouse over the
screen, a situation occurs that the pointer freezes and
there is a sound that sounds like a clunk and then I'm
able to traverse the pointer this happens quite alot. At
first I had no problem with the new XP Home OP. I would
appreciatesome help. Thanks.

G

I am having the same problem. The mouse will be functioning, and then stop responding for 2-4 seconds. I will hear the "clunk-clunk" tone, similar to the sound made when a USB device is plugged in, and then the mouse will resume operation. Sometimes the sensitivity setting is lost, and the pointer doesn't move as far as it does on boot up for a given movement of the mouse. I have had XP Home installed for almost two years; this problem has only started happening in about the last week or two. I have an Intellimouse Explorer, USB

I have already tried the steps in the Knowledge Base that involve deleting all references to a mouse in the registry and then reinstalling the mouse. I have also turned off power management features for the USB ports. This problem happens both when the mouse is attached to a USB port as well as the PS/2 port (with the adapter)

Is it just time to reinstall Windows?

G

Just replaced the IntelliMouse with a basic MS optical mouse. No weirdness yet, which indicates that the problem is with the mouse, not the OS. Do these things "wear out"? I have old-fashioned (i.e. with a ball) mice older than this IntelliMouse that work fine; I can't believe the IntelliMouse has crapped out already!!!

Ask a Question