Mouse: how to stop Snap to

Wednesday Eve

Gateway laptop, IBM usb mouse, XP pro, sp2

Out of no where the mouse is behaving as if "Automatically move pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is checked.

I have tried changing the settings and applying and changing the setting and applying, and rebooting,... updated driver for mouse.

What registry keys hold this setting.

I need to stop this, I hate it.

J said:
Wednesday Eve

Gateway laptop, IBM usb mouse, XP pro, sp2

Out of no where the mouse is behaving as if "Automatically move
pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is checked.

I have tried changing the settings and applying and changing the
setting and applying, and rebooting,... updated driver for mouse.

What registry keys hold this setting.

I need to stop this, I hate it.

Might you concurrently have *two* pointing devices installed (and listed
in Device Manager), like the IBM USB mouse and also whatever the laptop
provides (touchpad or touchstick)? When attaching the USB mouse,
disable the other one. Otherwise, you end up with two devices both
trying to manage the position of the onscreen mouse cursor.

Thank you for your response.

Yea, 2 devices, both working fine, until recently.

I uninstalled the drivers,... no joy.

I tried two other mices with happiness.

So, the IBM mouse is no longer a mouse.

<Vanguard> wrote in message
J said:
Wednesday Eve

Gateway laptop, IBM usb mouse, XP pro, sp2

Out of no where the mouse is behaving as if "Automatically move
pointer to the default button in a dialog box" is checked.

I have tried changing the settings and applying and changing the
setting and applying, and rebooting,... updated driver for mouse.

What registry keys hold this setting.

I need to stop this, I hate it.

Might you concurrently have *two* pointing devices installed (and listed
in Device Manager), like the IBM USB mouse and also whatever the laptop
provides (touchpad or touchstick)? When attaching the USB mouse,
disable the other one. Otherwise, you end up with two devices both
trying to manage the position of the onscreen mouse cursor.

ray.hayes

Same issue here with a Compaq Evo N610c

.... as of yesterday when Windows Update installed 10 new updates
(including Hardware). Totally driving me nuts!