Optical mouse pointer keeps snapping to corner

N

Newsgroups

I have the Microsoft Basic Optical mouse hooked via USB. The mouse pointer
constantly snaps to the corner of the screen.

Microsoft doesn't have IntelliPoint software for this mouse. What causes the
mouse pointer to snap to the corner of the screen, and how can I keep this
from happening?

G

I have the same problem! I have been searching for answers, but no one has encountered this before. If you discover a solution I would really appreciate hearing about it

For several months, every week or so, the mouse pointer snaps to the corner of the screen, as if being dragged by a magnetic force. I can move it out just for a moment, but not long enough to use it. It has also floated away all on it's own. The only way I can deal with it is to turn off the computer by the on/off button and hope when I turn it on again it will be working normally. I usually have to leave it off at least 24 hours

Now, unfortunately, it is doing this more often, sometimes daily. It has even occasionally brought up window boxes on its own, as if it was clicking on them. Yesterday it even put my pc in standby! I'm just lucky it is ok today. Help please!

Ask a Question