More children found dead

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a topic for a computer website. Sounds like more of a discussion for the BBC Have Your Say pages.

I will say though I would never support corporal punishment for any circumstance. I just can not agree with it.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
darkangel said:
Not sure if this is a topic for a computer website. Sounds like more of a discussion for the BBC Have Your Say pages.

I will say though I would never support corporal punishment for any circumstance. I just can not agree with it.
da, this is the General Discussion part of the Forum so anything - within reason - goes :)

As for the murders, suffer the little children - it wasn't the first and it won't be the last.

And these are the ones we hear about - how much of this goes on in, say, Iraq & Iran?

The older I get the more I'm convinced that 95% of this type of crime is the result of bad parenting, be it neglect or abuse, this produces wrong 'uns.

Reaction score
darkangel said:

There have been other iffy subjects discussed on this sub forum thats why I posted this. We are all able to discuss anything (within reason) that we want as long as we do not offend anyone or make any personal remarks about anyone.

Thanks flopps ;)

Reaction score
darkangel said:

I just dont know what to say in answer to your statement.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I`m sure TD thought long and hard about posting this . The subject obviously is sensitive and not to some peoples liking. I agree though that sometimes people`s inner feelings need to be vented and i thank TD for breaking down a barrier..he posted and got it off his chest and i bet he feels a lot better for it although the core message is contentious and open for others to seal, by that i mean a concious and alive mother and the courts..

TD i feel the way you do ..for what its worth.

Long live freedom of speech..:thumb:

Reaction score
I wasn't trying to say that this issue shouldn’t be discussed - of course it should - just thought there were more appropriate forums for it but I obviously stand corrected.

I don't want to stop anyone expressing their opinions.

DA

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By darkangel
I wasn't trying to say that this issue shouldn’t be discussed - of course it should - just thought there were more appropriate forums for it but I obviously stand corrected.

I don't want to stop anyone expressing their opinions.

DA

Your opinion is valid and supported ..keep going and expressing..this is not a forum for judgement .. :wave:

Reaction score
I don`t think the mother should be given capital punishment,more like medical help. I Think she had split up with her "partner" that could have tipped her over the edge. After all women are very complex creatures more so than men.
historian

Reaction score
historian said:
I don`t think the mother should be given capital punishment,more like medical help. I Think she had split up with her "partner" that could have tipped her over the edge. After all women are very complex creatures more so than men.
historian

The phrase, "an eye for an eye", Hebrew: עין תחת עין, ayin tahat ayin, is a quotation from several passages of the Hebrew Bible (Leviticus 24:19–21, Exodus 21:22–25, and Deuteronomy 19:21) in which a person who has injured the eye of another is instructed to give his or her own eye in compensation. At the root of this principle is that one of the purposes of the law is to provide equitable retribution for an offended party. It defined and restricted the extent of retribution in the laws of the Torah.

In modern times, the phrase still loosely applies, but is not executed in exactly the same manner. Should a person commit a tort that results in personal injury of the plaintiff, they do not have to give up their own limb, but rather, merely pay for the repairing of the injury (e.g. an eye transplant). This is called compensatory damages.

The English word talion means a punishment identical to the offence, from the Latin talio. The principle of "an eye for an eye" is often referred to using the Latin phrase lex talionis, the law of talion.

Ask a Question