Moral Dilemma

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my phone with Carphone Warehouse.

I was excited with my new phone and got twice as many minutes for being a loyal Orange customer.

I was told that my new tarif would come into effect on my next billing date.
On that day I checked my minutes and realised that I had the same amount as usual. I called CS who told me that my upgrade had not gone through.

So now, my dilemma is this: According to Orange CS there is nothing physically stopping me from going back to Carphone Warehouse and upgrading AGAIN and obtaining ANOTHER beautiful E71.

I have always believed in Karma and like to try to do the RIGHT thing (take it back and inform them of their mistake) but I'm also pretty peeved that I have lost out on lots of minutes and surf time.

What would YOU do?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Do the RIGHT thing. :thumb: Always do what you think is right. :nod:

Reaction score
I know you're right guys... hmph... why did the devil have to dangle such a big, fat and very juicy carrot!!

Reaction score
Rachelbaby said:
I know you're right guys... hmph... why did the devil have to dangle such a big, fat and very juicy carrot!!

Its not the devil, its God testing your strength......

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Carphone Warehouse suck. I detest them.

Do the right thing, take advantage of them.

Please, for me, they ripped me off rotten.

There is no God.

All these morals, gah, makes me sick. It's one individual taking advantage of a giant corporation who think nothing of cheating their thousands of customers.

Do it and sleep easy.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Carphone Warehouse suck. I detest them.

Do the right thing, take advantage of them.

Please, for me, they ripped me off rotten.

There is no God.

All these morals, gah, makes me sick. It's one individual taking advantage of a giant corporation who think nothing of cheating their thousands of customers.

Do it and sleep easy.

LOL

How about this... I go and get the juicy new E71 then to ease my conscience and balance things out I do something charitable straight after?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Rachelbaby said:
LOL

How about this... I go and get the juicy new E71 then to ease my conscience and balance things out I do something charitable straight after?

Sounds like a good compromise to me :thumb:

Reaction score
Rachelbaby said:
LOL

Scrap whatever I might have said before..I didn't realise it was a Nokia E71...If you can wangle another one, get me one to....lol

Reaction score
You could be committing an act of Fraud or Theft under The Fraud Act 2006 or The Theft Act 1996.

So it is up to you really & only you can decide what you will do on this matter.

Further comment of this matter could have legal consequences for this site.
[font="]

May be it would be better to lock the thread?

[/font]

Last edited:
Reaction score
So now, my dilemma is this: According to Orange CS there is nothing physically stopping me from going back to Carphone Warehouse and upgrading AGAIN and obtaining ANOTHER beautiful E71.

Carphone Warehouse have advised you that you are entitled to upgrade it is their fault not yours if they are not able to do the calculations correctly it is down to them?
There is nothing stopping you doing so, you are not Ripping them off as they did to FBS.
I had the same thing happen to me with a company for Broadband a few years ago charged me for Dial-up for two years instead of Broadband it was their fault End of story.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Get the second phone and then to ease your conciense and balance out your karma sell it to me for a tenner.

;):D
happywave.gif

Ask a Question