Annoyed

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I gave TalkTalk mobile a call today to ask when I can upgrade my mobile. They said I am able to do it now. So they asked what phone I was interested in and what plan. So I said Galaxy S4 and same plan I have. No problem they say, lets get the ball rolling. Bank details are needed to set up direct debit for said upgrade. I asked why as my current contract is not direct debit. Got told that's the way it is.
My bank, Natwest won't honor direct debits to TalkTalk so I am kinda screwed, even though I have had a mobile contract with them for 18 months and broadband for near 4 years :(

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Solution to problem: Change phone network and ISP, Talk Talk are a bit rubbish anyway. Presumably you are now in a position to switch and not bound to any contracts?

I bet if you told Talk Talk you're leaving them they'd soon find a way to get around the Direct Debit.

Talking of Direct Debit, makes me laugh, somehow the companies who insist on DD think that guarantees them the money. Well, if there ain't no money in the account they won't get it will they? But we will get a penalty charge from the bank for them having to refuse a DD request.

I quite hate DD myself and try and avoid it.

I'd recommend my ISP, Zen, but they're not cheap. They don't do mobile phones either.

Of the mobile phone networks, I've had extremely bad experiences with Carphone Warehouse and Orange, all the rest are pretty much a muchness, far as I can see.

For a combined phone/Broadband package, I'd seriously consider 02, check 'em out.

I'm also wondering why Natwest won't deal with Talk Talk? My personal current account is with Natwest, I'm going to ask them next time I'm in my local branch.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Solution to problem: Change phone network and ISP, Talk Talk are a bit rubbish anyway. Presumably you are now in a position to switch and not bound to any contracts?

I bet if you told Talk Talk you're leaving them they'd soon find a way to get around the Direct Debit.

Talking of Direct Debit, makes me laugh, somehow the companies who insist on DD think that guarantees them the money. Well, if there ain't no money in the account they won't get it will they? But we will get a penalty charge from the bank for them having to refuse a DD request.

I quite hate DD myself and try and avoid it.

I'd recommend my ISP, Zen, but they're not cheap. They don't do mobile phones either.

Of the mobile phone networks, I've had extremely bad experiences with Carphone Warehouse and Orange, all the rest are pretty much a muchness, far as I can see.

For a combined phone/Broadband package, I'd seriously consider 02, check 'em out.

I'm also wondering why Natwest won't deal with Talk Talk? My personal current account is with Natwest, I'm going to ask them next time I'm in my local branch.
Still got 8 months with TalkTalk for my Broadband, i'm not complaining about that. I get good speed from them

Threatening to leave TalkTalk mobile is my next plan of attack.

I did look at Zen, but no Fiber Optic in my area.

My thoughts on Orange and Carphone warehouse could possibly get me banned

As for O2, I might be reading wrong, but it is all linked in with Sky now. And as I don't own a telly. No need for Sky.

As for Natwest not honoring DD with TalkTalk. I have asked them a number of times, but just get a run around.

Ask a Question