why i hate the craphone warehouse

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
why i hate the carphone warehouse

:mad:why i hate the carphone warehouse :mad:

ok today i took my phone out of my pocket only to realis that the screen had seriousley ****ed itself up! IT is an lcd screen and looked like when you press on a computer screen the coloiurs were everywhere and you cant see the top3/4 of the screen. So i brought it to the carphone warehouse seeing as i bought it only about 10 months ago i thought they would send it off to repair it FREE OF CHARGE.. But oh no was i wrong. The lady at the store said that the damdge to the screen was NOT covered by the warranty so she would send it off to be repaired but when i got it back they would charge me!!:eek: They claim that when the screen breakes it has eithr been dropped or had pressure applied against it. BUT the lady said if the screen was cracked (tell me if im stupid but the only way to crack a screen is to drop it or apply pressure to it) they would replace it free of charge!!! Now i am angry at this because i need to go out and buy a new phone with the same features that i currently have and that aint cheap. So if anybody knowss of a good retailer where i can buy a phone im looking at samsung and nokia and where the prices are good.

btw my current phone (the broken one) is a sharp gx15

thanks

edit:didnt notice the name was crapphone warehouse so now changed but i was thinking for a second wasnt the originnal title approopriate??

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you are going to buy a new one, it doesn't matter if you break this one - so you might as well try and fix it :)

Take the phone cover offer and try to reseat the LCD display, and run your fingers over any ribbon cable coming from it to make sure it is in properly. Worth a shot - I've fixed a phone about 4 years ago by doing that :)

Good luck :)

Reaction score
thaths so horrible

so did u ask the lady exactly what your WARRANTY DOES cover?

try a different carphonewarehouse!

Reaction score
Just had a look to see if it was possible to replace the LCD within your phone. It is however the quick search I did gave me a price of nearly £50. Holy Sh*t!

I'm sure you could get it cheaper. I'll keep looking m8 bear with me ;)

Of course unless you do it yourself you will ahev to pay for fitting!

Ok just looked again that other company were ripping people off.

Try this one;

http://www.mobilephonespareszone.co.uk/mobile_phone_spares/sharp gx10 spares.htm

The above is for a GX10 the GX15 link aint working may give u an idea tho

Last edited:

chelseafc2005

Crunchtastic
Reaction score
thanks for the links trixple!! anyways im not going to replace the screen as the phone was sorta on its last legs anyways. Parents sed they will get me a new phone:D so now what ideas u have for a new phone i was looking at both samsung and nokia as they seem nice and reliable i hear the samsungs have very nice screens.

should i start a new thread on this one??

also just for interest sake i saw a samsung PHONE i believe the l300 and it had a whopping 3gb of memory!!! i was like holy **** what can you do with that much memory on a phone!!??

Reaction score
I am interested in the Nokia 6021...

Currently have the D500... but it's getting a tad old.. the Samsung screens are however top notch.

And yeah i'd recommend a new thread ;)

RufusW

King Cruncher
Reaction score
Hey,

I work at the Carphone Warehouse. I think that's going to be the answer you'll get from all phone shops, a lot of the time pressure or heat is the cause, although there are exceptions (like you) they won't expend the cost to repair them all. She's wrong saying that they'd replace it if it was cracked, then it definitely would not be under warranty. If all the screen was displaying crazy colours then that'd be warranty.

Unfortunatly nothing you (or the people in the shop) can do.

you won't believe me but... I do think Carphone is the best of the high street retailers, they're the only independent ones, but especially they don't get paid extotionate amount for selling certain phones (Phones4U) or get paid so little they don't care (Link).

If you want my advice though, buy online, but from CPW (for contract anyway). A lot better deals, and exactly the same service as you get in store,

Hope you get the phone sorted,

Rufus

geee... that sounded a little bit too much like an advert for my liking :)

p.s best phone at the mo. N70 (if you don't mind a little bit of size) Nokia, by far the most reliable, easy to use, and feature packed. i300 will cost a bomb, I think it's trying to pre-empt the Nokia N91 (?) that can hold 3000 songs, will destroy the competition.

Ask a Question