Monster Gamer

Reaction score
Hey,

My mate has just come into some cash and wants a brand spanking new pc. He wants it for gaming as well as general internet use etc. He has a budget of £1500 and wants me to build him it.

My problem is, i've not built a computer for a few years and while i can build it no problem, i dont really know what to put in it. Anyone got any suggestions of all the kit i'd need with that budget to get him the best pc he can get?

Cheers.

Bodhi

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
How about this?

Did you want keyboard, mouse etc? :)

Total, £1,466.19

attachment.php

Attachments

• basket.jpg
    basket.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 179

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've just got one of those G15 keyboards and it's da shiznit :thumb:

Had a good excuse to buy it cos one of my keyboards - a logitech about six years old - had developed several iffy keys.

I'd go along with V_R's suggestion for the most part but I'd probably go for Corsair or OCZ RAM rather than Geil.

It took me a while to find the information but the Logitech Revolution MX Mouse is 2000dpi, the same as the cheaper corded G5 and the now extinct G7. I would assume, then, that Logitech are touting the Revolution as a replacement for the G7?

Anybody used a Revolution for gaming yet?

I would also assume Logitech discontinued the G7 partly as a result of lots of them developing scroll button faults.

Reaction score
Looks good guys, there are a few things i'd change, but thats my personal preference, e.g. i always go with Seagate hard drives, dont know why, just had good experience with them.

Im a tad worried about building this bad boy given that ive not built one for ages, i might blow it up! lol.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That's a great PC that V_R has spec'd up - should be excellent at gaming with the hardware and 22" monitor.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
bodhi said:
Looks good guys, there are a few things i'd change, but that's my personal preference, e.g. i always go with Seagate hard drives, don't know why, just had good experience with them.

Im a tad worried about building this bad boy given that I've not built one for ages, i might blow it up! lol.
LoL ... you actually only need to insure you are plugging in ALL the power cables needed ... once you built a PC, even a 286, it's like riding a bike, one does not forget ... just don't fall off.

I do suggest a hot-glue gun ... put a dab on them bloody SATA cables at the HD end, they got a habit of coming loose. :D

:user:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
LoL ... you actually only need to insure you are plugging in ALL the power cables needed ... once you built a PC, even a 286, it's like riding a bike, one does not forget ... just don't fall off.

I do suggest a hot-glue gun ... put a dab on them bloody SATA cables at the HD end, they got a habit of coming loose. :D

:user:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Mucks is right on the Money :thumb:

Reaction score
Yeah, i've literally built hundreds of pc's, just not for a good few years, im sure it will come flooding back. Would have been nice if my mate had wanted a pc for £300 though, wouldnt be so bothered about blowing that up!! ;-)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Since you havent built a computer for some time, wouldnt there be some new tricks to the installation progress? or would things still be straight forward?

Reaction score
Im guessing it will be just the same mate, as long as im careful and take my time! :)

Ask a Question