monitor goes straight onto standby mode when computer is turned on !

Reaction score
i have been using this monitor for a bit and it has worked fine but following on from these exact steps i have taken.the monitor just says it is going into standby mode....i opened up my computer to have a look at my ram type.so i took the ram out.had a look and placed it back in...turned on computer and it was fine but monitor wouldnt come on.so i tried taking out video card and putting back.took out ram and put back .tried different monitor which has the same problem. tried my monitor in a different pc and it works so the problem is within my pc and not the monitor.reeally confuzed as to whats wrong and being no computer expert.thats as far as my knowledge goes so need a lil help lol.thnx

Reaction score
You have no RGB signal going tothe monitor mt friend by the sounds of it

make sure none of the pins inside the monitor plug are bent over or have been snapped off. Have you tryed a different video card in pc? You dont need to install drivers just try one and see if you get BIOS screen as pc boots, if it does there is your answer. GFX card is bust

Reaction score
The number of times I've experienced this... but to cut a long story short, I can safely say its either outdated/corrupted drivers, or your Graphics card is bust/damaged in some way.

Pretty much exactly what Triple X Dread said, I'm just giving a second opinion :thumb:
:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You took the ram out first & had a 'problem' before you messed with the graphics card ... yes ?

If so, then you either damaged the ram, or, you ain't put it back properly ... ram sticks are easy-ish to take out, using the little 'lifters' on each end, but you will need a wee bit of force to put 'em back in again.

Try re-seating your ram ... :thumb:

You did not need to "take a look" inside ... we have software that will tell you all about the hardware in your PC ... Everest Home Edition, get it HERE ;)

Welcome to the forums. :)

Reaction score
thanks a lot for the advice fellaz.turns out it was my ram after all.it clipped in but the middle was still out slightly.it took a bit of force to get it in and i think thats why i didnt touch it at first because i assumed that it was in when clipped in place and didnt want to damage it .cheers for the program aswell ill check it out !!!

Reaction score
While booting the PC, Press F8 and it will take to Safe Mode Screen, where you will find VGA Mode option, select that option and proceed. This will fix your problem......

Nishikanth Podduturi
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question