Mole Hall Wildlife and Butterfly Pavillion

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Just thought i would post some pic's up of the day out with my 7 year old daughter on tuesday..

We went to Mole Hall Wildlife and Butterfly pavillion which is about 50 miles north-east of London Just off the M11..

It has a small selection of Wildlife and an excellent tropical Butterfly pavillion which houses an extremely large and varied and rare tropical Butterfly collection, some of the butterflys in there were the size of large birds and would swoop down and dive bomb you, and land on you if you was lucky, they were amazing! One of the species was called a Glass butterfly as you could see right through it's wings, one of the pics shows this as you can see the tropical foliage through both wings and the focus is on the foliage not the wings which is even more amazing...

The Deer in the park were simply so cute my 7 year old absolutely loved feeding and stroking them and they are so tame they come straight up to you as soon as there is food on the scene, I felt the antlers and although rock hard have the most velvety texture and are very warm to the touch with all the blood pumping through them. The Marmosets in the pic's were given a Plumb and were trying to drag it through the bars which was quite funny to see..

The Otters that are housed in the park which me and my daughter really wanted to see were not at home this time round, but hopefully if we go again they will be there.....They better be...
nod.gif

A lot of the Birds and small animals all run free and you are able to walk amongst them which is different and exciting for the kids as they can touch and feed them with no fear as most are all really tame....

There was a squirty maze there as well which when you went through and got caught out and came to a dead end, you would get squirted by water and by the time you found the exit you were soaked which was nice because it was very hot on the day....

An excellent day out for the family...:D

Edit : Images are here :)

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=7674

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
usually i'd say the pics were amazing but i can't see the damn things :confused:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You and me both mate....You need a degree in posting pics on this forum to get the damn things to show up...

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
You and me both mate....You need a degree in posting pics on this forum to get the damn things to show up...
No you don't ... where are you linking from?

If you have your own Host, it's a piece of cake. ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've edited the images to put in a link to show them all for you mate :)

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Cool piccys M8. That glass butterfly is amazing :) & the marmosets were cool :nod:

darcy

Enjoyin' the Breeze
Reaction score
being lovely way to be spending day :) ~ butterfly pics were joy to view, ~ 'n' fawns/deer are v.* cute! :)

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Loved seeing your pics Crazylegs, those deer certainly have the "aaaahhhh" factor, and haven't seen anything quite like the Glass Butterflies before, they're amazing. Hope the marmosets managed to eat their plum eventually :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score

Hope the marmosets managed to eat their plum eventually

Yeah i bet they did as neither of them were going to let go of it....:D

Wish i had taken my decent camera and got some proper pics, but when the kids are in tow you need to travel as light as you can what with everything else i had to carry....Yeah those Glass winged Butterflys were brill....

Thanks all for your comments, and thanks Ian for sorting out the link to the pics...I never seem to get it right when posting pics in this forum...Dunno why...:blush:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Nice pics CL. :)

My girlfriend would like to go there, maybe i'll suprise her and take her this weekend, its gotta be worth some bonus points! :D

Ask a Question