Moderators

Reaction score
Ok this is something I have always wanted to know..How did the moderators on this site become moderators? OK we know Ian is the boss and it is his site and Sexy Bex is his other half, so that goes hand in hand.

But what about the rest?

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
When i joined i think there was Ian,Bex,Flops,Grumps...sorry Mucks , Chris Postill and Chris Imrie..all very well acquainted with keeping us likes in check :) and then if i am right Ady became a God :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Flops, Mucks and Quad have been mods for a looooooooooong time - even on the old PC Review forums before this one existed (the old one crashed and we had to start from scratch - lots of lessons learnt since then!). Since then Ady, V_R and Chris Postill have become mods - but there have been a few others in between :thumb: Bex is also a mod now, so if anything goes wrong she can still access the site and fix it :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Flops, Mucks and Quad have been mods for a looooooooooong time - even on the old PC Review forums before this one existed (the old one crashed and we had to start from scratch - lots of lessons learnt since then!). Since then Ady, V_R and Chris Postill have become mods - but there have been a few others in between :thumb: Bex is also a mod now, so if anything goes wrong she can still access the site and fix it :)

LOl Ithink the question was,How did they become mods..Years ago when I was running my site and forum I selected mods by the amount of useful feedback they gave...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well, I used to be a mod at a Forum named Bitbenderforums which is run from Dallas and also frequented another Forum named PC911 as a member. Mucks was well established at PC911 (Now PCQ & A) and I believe is a Moderator there now.

Mucks and I got to know each other fairly well and Mucks also knew Ian and was involved with PCRUK at that time. When Ian revamped the site (this was before the crash) Mucks proposed me as a Mod to Ian and introduced me to him.

Ian accepted and I've been here ever since.

I believe Mucks introduced Quads as well.

We're a mixed bunch, Mucks is a grump; Chris is bursting with enthusiasm; V_R's a games freak; Quads is mad on photography, Ady is the very epitome of calmness and reason; Ian I'm convinced is a robot sometimes cos nothing ever seems to ruffle him and Bex is... well, she's Sexy Bex ain't she? ;)

And me? Must I attempt to describe myself? Ok, short-tempered, doesn't tolerate fools gladly and tends to overstep the mark sometimes. Oh, and frequently tipsy. In fact I sometimes wonder at my own suitablity for such a post ;) How's that?

But as a team, with all our disparate personalities, my own view is that things are balanced.

All mods who've been appointed since the nucleus btw, have been proposed by the rest of us so I guess that answers the question.

Without exception - and I think this applies to the majority of forums worldwide - anybody who asks for a post is never granted one.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
We're a mixed bunch,
well, she's Sexy Bex ain't she? ;)

And me? Must I attempt to describe myself?

Yes you are a great bunch, and on all the forums I have been on, mst likely the most tolerant mods a forum can have, which makes this forum so good. On my site I had guys that let the word "Moderator" get to their heads.
Erm Sexy Bex, say no more..
And you...? Nah ya don't have to describe yourself, we know for an old git yer a fecking pretty decent bloke...

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Without exception - and I think this applies to the majority of forums worldwide - anybody who asks for a post is never granted one.
Anyone ASKING for a mod post is a 200% lunatic.

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:

Christ I wouldn't want to do it again..I'dbe deleting people left right anfricking center, including myself at times. With some of the stuff people come out with and that includes long term members...

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Christ I wouldn't want to do it again..I'dbe deleting people left right anfricking center, including myself at times. With some of the stuff people come out with and that includes long term members...

Hmm? You talking about me? :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Ian I'm convinced is a robot sometimes cos nothing ever seems to ruffle him and Bex is... well, she's Sexy Bex ain't she? ;)

:lol:

Now, I certainly wouldn't want to destroy that image...!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

They all share the same characteristics as their ancestors is why they are now moderators. :p
laughingsmiley.gif

Attachments

• 2009-06-18_105141.png
    2009-06-18_105141.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 157
  • 2009-06-18_105125.png
    2009-06-18_105125.png
    29 KB · Views: 154
  • 2009-06-18_105059.png
    2009-06-18_105059.png
    22 KB · Views: 143

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... and we get to edit posts of pics so one can view them on a 19" monitor. :p

I, at the time, was just looking for a UK forum, they were a little thin on the ground ... I stumbled on PCR right at the beginning, Ian was quite a young chap, but a good head on his sholders, is probably why I was offered a job. ;)

I've known Flops & Quad for some time, we were the original 'gang of four' that between us have a great re-pore at PCR.

:wave:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I was proposed by Mucks and surprisingly the rest agreed :eek:

Similar to what Flops said earlier; I think the mix of the different mod personalities here is pretty good and helps make the forum a happy and interesting place to be :thumb:

I'm sure that there will be new mods appointed at some time in the future....who they will be, we shall all have to wait and see :)

Ask a Question