Is it legal to use the monitor software ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
A friend of mine got fired last week. She was doing other things on website instead of doing her job.
I knew it was her fault but i could not figure out how her manager found out. And later from the grapevine we got to know that the manager had installed some monitor software.
We googled and found a lot of such software, [Edit: links deleted by Moderator], etc. And it seems that they all run in a stealth mode so the employees do not know.
I just want to know if it is legal for the company apply such monitor software?

Last edited by a moderator:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
In short, yes it is perfectly legal for companies to monitor staff usage of computers.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Would agree to what EvanDavis has stated.

On the other hand, when an employee is being paid to do the job (especially who work fixed number of hours or are being paid hourly wages) is it not illegal, on his/her part to use his/her time for personal activities? Remember the coin has two sides.

I have been an employee for better part of my career but an employer as well for almost a decade so I tend to see both sides of the coin.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
this is spam, prove me wrong :lol:

:user:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question