Mobile Phone Opinion

Reaction score
Hey all,

My rubbish no-brand mobile over here in Oz is driving me batty!! lol. So I'm looking to buy a mobile that is unlocked so I can use it here but also put my UK sim card in it when I get back home for holidays etc.

I was wondering what people's opinions were on the various mobiles I've been thinking about. So here are my options:

- Spend about 30 quid (sorry, no pound signs on this computer! lol) on a basic nokia

- Spend about 700 quid on an unlocked iPhone (won't really be able to use it on 3G in Oz though cause the contract prices are so damn expensive compared to home!)

- Spend about 400 quid on a blackberry

- Spend about 300 quid on a nokia e71 or e72 (when it comes out)

Any suggestions? I will use it mainly for calls and text messages, however would like to get my hotmail and work email on it if possible. :)

Bodhi

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey all,

- Spend about 700 quid on an unlocked iPhone (won't really be able to use it on 3G in Oz though cause the contract prices are so damn expensive compared to home!)

- Spend about 400 quid on a blackberry

- Spend about 300 quid on a nokia e71 or e72 (when it comes out)

Bodhi

Again you would just be wasting £700 if you got the iPhone, unlocked Iphones from other countries become as will only work on O2, ubless you are with O2 or plan to get an O2 contract over here. An unlocked contract iPhone will only work with a contract O2 sim, that is until Orange and t-Mobile start with iPhones, which should be next year.
Unlocked contract iPhones will not work with Pay & Go and visa versa.

I haven't seen or read anything about the new Nokia's yet so can't comment on them.
So in my opinion as you want e-mails etc then go for a Blackberry of sorts.

Reaction score
OK, well that kind of rules out the iPhone. One of my main requirements is having one phone that I can chuck sim cards in from different countries.

Will the Nokia's take any sim cards and work anywhere does anyone know?

Thanks.

Reaction score
A while ago you were askin loadsa questions about telly's.....did you get one?
I dont remember ya saying which one ya bought if ya did.

Reaction score
Hey Captain Zen, I did buy a TV in the end. Thought I had posted which one, sorry.

I got a 32" Samsung Series 5. It was on offer over here, reduced from $1400 to $900 for a weekend so I snapped it up. Have to say, it's a great TV! :)

Ask a Question