Unlocked Phone

Reaction score
Hey,

I am in Australia (as most of you probably know) and have bought a cheap piece of crap phone. I now have a job though and want a good phone. One thing I want to be able to do though is change between my Oz sim card and my British one (for when I come home on holiday) easily.

Does anyone know how I get an unlocked phone, or if all phones can be unlocked?

Also, any advice on the best phone at the moment? I was thinking of getting the Iphone.

Bodhi

Reaction score
bodhi said:
Hey,

I am in Australia (as most of you probably know) and have bought a cheap piece of crap phone. I now have a job though and want a good phone. One thing I want to be able to do though is change between my Oz sim card and my British one (for when I come home on holiday) easily.

Does anyone know how I get an unlocked phone, or if all phones can be unlocked?

Also, any advice on the best phone at the moment? I was thinking of getting the Iphone.

Bodhi

Hi Bodhi
Just been chatting to a friend of mine on MSN, she is in Melbourne and said that mobiles there all come unlocked so you can use any sim.
Check out this link. Its for Apple Australia, but shows different networs that iPhone is available on and where you can get them. As for what phone is the best at the moment, well all depend what you want to spend on a phone really. I wouldn't go for the iPhone. They are ok, but I would rather go for one of the Blackberry's out at the moment. Also with the iPhone when you come back to the UK you will be restricted to O2 even if it is an unlocked phone.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Buy from Taiwan, where selling unlocked iPhones is a matter of course and legal.

Fact is, I know of only one country that sells locked phones (iphone especially) ... the good ol' US of A :rolleyes: :D

There are better iphones types on the market. ;)

g'day

:user:

Reaction score
Hey, I've been looking here and they say that the phones are locked to the vodafone network.

I know you can only get the iPhone on 02 in the uk, but surely if you have an unlocked one you can put any sim in it?

Ask a Question