MISSING what would you ?

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If you were to move away from the are you live in, what would you miss about the area ??????

Easy one for me. I would miss seeing a mountain every time I went shopping. :cool:

pbe0oy7.png

Reaction score
This reminds me of Dartmore or Scotland very beautiful, you caught the beauty of this place:nod:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
This................................

DSCF5620C2A.jpg

Roseberry6B3.jpg

It's not an enormous mountain, only 1000 feet in height, but it's my local landmark, Roseberry Topping.

And this.................................

Cod Beck Resevoir2k.jpg

Cod Beck Lake. So relaxing. :)

Reaction score
Yes we have a beautiful country and you are so lucky to live close to these. We have the North Downs , the Weald of Kent and the spring is beautiful with the apple blossom the extraordinary coast line including the White Cliffs of Dover and the Romney Marsh. But there again most Counties have their own beauty spots, at the moment but I fear that the expansion of housing needs will change much of that.:cry:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
What would I miss moving away from SE London? Or more specifically Greenwich? Dunno really, depends where I moved to. Much as I love the countryside I'm a city boy raised in an urban environment and this where I feel most comfortable.

When I lived in Cornwall for a year it struck me just how dull the countryside is, especially in the winter. Looking at an endless green vista is small compensation for the area having no vibe whatsoever. It was just so quiet and lifeless.

I suppose I'd miss the inner city vibe, the Thames landscape, obviously my friends and the multi-cultural neighbourhood which I really enjoy.

I've visited many parts of the UK including Yorkshire & Derbyshire and love it but they are places to visit and it's always good to return home. I suspect living in the country may drive me loopy but I could be wrong, after all, I am now of a more senior age... ;)

Reaction score
I think you are right Flops I was brought up in the country our hamlet only had 8 houses and that included 2 farms the nearest village was Guston 1 1/2 miles away and Whitfield was 2 miles. So going to school for me as a child meant walking a 1 1/2 miles for the nearest bus to Dover. I used to get up early to help get in the cows for milking and help with the milking as we had no electricity so it was hand milking and have breakfast before walking to the bus. Our toilet was a wooden earth closet which had to be moved every couple of years and a bath was in the kitchen in a tin bath in front of the coal fired black kitchen range. The village I now live in has less than a hundred houses and I can take my dogs for miles across the fields and not see anyone. I have lived in towns but it was OK but my heart has always been in the country especially now we have cars and can get about but find Towns are claustrophobic and get out ASAP. Have to say that we have electricity now and Internet but a lousy bus service.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Great photos @Abarbarian and @nivrip! :thumb:

I really like where we live - we're right on the edge of a town, so have both amenities and countryside nearby. I grew up in the middle of Dorset, and when I moved to Manchester at 18 I was thrilled to actually have interesting stuff to do nearby! That being said, I don't think I could handle living somewhere like London - too busy for me.

There is no one thing that I would miss if we moved though - it's more a combination of things. I'd happily move abroad given the chance, and I guess the thing I would miss the most is seeing my brother (because he lives very close).

Reaction score
Both of those were BRILLIANT and the music matched the films. Thank you Uncle Urmas for both of those.:thumb::thumb::thumb:I must admit the Moonlight Sonata was the most relaxing.:sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep::sleep:

Last edited:

Ask a Question