Airplay on Android?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm thinking about making the jump to Android from my current iPhone 4S. Although I'm not in a huge rush to make the move yet, I've been looking at my current apps and seeing what I may not be able to move over.

Everything looks fine (and some extra goodies that I can't run on iOS), however Airplay is something that I would miss as I use that to stream music to our living room. A quick scan of the Google app store suggests that there are some apps that emulate AirPlay on Android. Has anyone had experience of these and know if they work just as well?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Flipps HD is a good media share utility Ian
It will pick up XBOX360, PS3/4 TV'S etc

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I stream audio through a very nifty device. It attaches to my audio system and I use it for iPad as well as my phone. It has NFC capability too. I am posting the link to the product itself.

Homespot BT receiver

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Flipps HD is a good media share utility Ian
It will pick up XBOX360, PS3/4 TV'S etc

Cheers, that looks like a handy app! Do you know if it supports Airplay devices as outputs? I couldn't see it mentioned on the app page, but I assume it must use something like that?

I stream audio through a very nifty device. It attaches to my audio system and I use it for iPad as well as my phone. It has NFC capability too. I am posting the link to the product itself.

Homespot BT receiver

Thanks for the link :). Ideally I'm looking to make use of the airplay features that are already built in to the hardware - if possible anyway, as it saves needing to plug in another bit of equipment. Handy to know that there are these things available though!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Not sure how it works Ian but I have used it for quite a while and it picks up all my devices and streams seamlessly to them!

Ask a Question