Different OS on Android Tablet

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I got an Android tablet free with a phone that I bought, but I don't have a huge amount of use for it yet. It comes with Android 7, but it's a little sluggish in day to day use (still, fine for a freebie). I thought I'd use it for a bit of testing instead.

Is anyone aware of alternate operating systems that can be flashed to Android tablets? I've already got LineageOS (essentially like rooted stock Android) flashed to another tablet, but only so that I can run a newer version that is officially supported.

Ubuntu Touch is the only alternative that I'm aware of, but development seems to have slowed since Canonical dropped support and made it a community project.

Is there any other OS I'm missing?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Depending on the model you could take a look at XDA, might be some custom ROM support for it. :)

It'll still be Android obviously, but a lot of custom ROMS are slimmed down no bloat version etc.

https://www.xda-developers.com/

I love that site - anytime I have a question about my phone, I end up there via Google. Sadly they don't even have a section for the Huawei T3 8", at least not that I can see. I don't think it's a popular model unfortunately.

Because so many were given out free with Huawei phones recently, I suspect there will be a new section on it soon, so I'll check back in a few weeks.

Haha, I never thought about emulating an OS on it. I'll probably hold off installing XP though :lol:.

Ask a Question