LineageOS on Nexus 7 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've got an old Nexus 7 2013 tablet that no longer receives security updates, so I'm considering upgrading it to LineageOS - which is the new "CyanogenMod" (now defunct).

Is anyone here running LineageOS (I think I remember you use to run CyanogenMod @V_R)?

If so, would you recommend it? I'm always a little sceptical about flashing ROMs that aren't official, but perhaps it is better than running an insecure Android version.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I used to run Cyanogen way back. It was always good as I remember, near stock with some great tweaks. Like how OxygenOS on OnePlus devices is tbh, thats probably where they got the idea!

While I've not kept up with custom OS's for a while now I'd say go for it, you could always flash back to stock if you don't like it. :)

OT: Ian I didn't get an alert saying you had tagged me in this thread by the way. Just FYI. :)

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've updated to LineageOS over lunch and it's all running smoothly - it looks just like stock Android for the most part, but it has the security patches I was missing :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question