Missing Images

Sonia

Is anyone responding to these problems? I've read pages
and pages of posts, many with complaints of missing images
on websites, and see no response. I use Win98, and
everything was fine until the installation of SP1 for
IE6. Now many websites display everything except images.
Images are little boxes with a red x. Source code all
looks fine, including for a website I did, and I know the
code is fine. And all of the images are simple, small gif
and jpg files. No flash, nothing fancy.

Only Knowledgebase info states that this is a problem when
saving images from Photoshop 7 on a Mac. Not true.
Images I created were created from CorelDraw 10 on an PC.

I have to be able to check websites with IE.

To say I'm pissed and annoyed would be an understatement.

Response would be appreciated.

Milhouse Van Houten

Sonia, good luck in slogging through those links.

I've seen SO many complaints about this problem since the release of SP1 (in
my case, the SP1 for XP, which as far as IE is concerned, is the same thing
you're talking about), and few people report any of the fixes do the job.

I've just resigned myself to a lot of extra right-clicking. The problem is
totally random and thus very difficult to grasp.

DVarnau said:
Sonia,
283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=283807

221134 - Some Images, Contents, or Controls May Not Be Displayed When
Viewing a Web Page: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221134

Other possibilities at http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm
and
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

Don
--
Newsgroup replies preferred, but e-mail address is...
d.varnau[at]lycos[dot]com

Sonia said:
Is anyone responding to these problems? I've read pages
and pages of posts, many with complaints of missing images
on websites, and see no response. I use Win98, and
everything was fine until the installation of SP1 for
IE6. Now many websites display everything except images.
Images are little boxes with a red x. Source code all
looks fine, including for a website I did, and I know the
code is fine. And all of the images are simple, small gif
and jpg files. No flash, nothing fancy.

Only Knowledgebase info states that this is a problem when
saving images from Photoshop 7 on a Mac. Not true.
Images I created were created from CorelDraw 10 on an PC.

I have to be able to check websites with IE.

To say I'm pissed and annoyed would be an understatement.

Response would be appreciated.

Sonia

And, the most amazingly disgusting thing is that last
night, after reviewing and printing all the suggested
alleged "fixes," I opened IE and the website I designed
that was having all the problems was FINE. And I did
NOTHING.

Amazing. Gotta love software that doesn't work. Right.

"Sonia" <anonymous[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is anyone responding to these problems? I've read pages
and pages of posts, many with complaints of missing images
on websites, and see no response. I use Win98, and
everything was fine until the installation of SP1 for
IE6. Now many websites display everything except images.
Images are little boxes with a red x. Source code all
looks fine, including for a website I did, and I know the
code is fine. And all of the images are simple, small gif
and jpg files. No flash, nothing fancy.

Only Knowledgebase info states that this is a problem when
saving images from Photoshop 7 on a Mac. Not true.
Images I created were created from CorelDraw 10 on an PC.

I have to be able to check websites with IE.

To say I'm pissed and annoyed would be an understatement.

Response would be appreciated.

.

DVarnau

Sonia,
Many IE problems are actually caused by a third-party program. As a test,
try disabling background apps, one or two at a time- those programs running
in the systray. Suspects might include, anti-virus, firewall, security, ad
blockers, cookie blockers.

Do you clear the cache occasionally? And... it's often recommended that the
TIF folder be set around 50 MB- bigger isn't necessarily better.

Regards,
Don