Windows XP missing iastor.sys file

Reaction score
I have fujitsu PC which has crashed. I cannot reboot it with recovery CD as message iastor.sys file cannot be found keeps on coming! Could some body help me please.

Reaction score
So if you try and boot from CD to do a restore it also comes up with this message? The messaghe indicates an issue with a piece of software that relates to some intel hardware, for example a graphics card or more likely a chipset driver or I/O driver etc. If it is coming up when you boot from cd without going into the operating system at all, then it could indicate a problem with your hardware, possibly drive controllers. Cheers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It indicates a SATA/RAID driver is missing ... F6 & a floppy disk ... obviously, not a SP2 ready recovery disk. :rolleyes:

how PC/Laptop manufactures get away with NOT supplying an operating system CD is beyond me ... not fit for the purpose without one imho. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
Thanks guys. So how I can fix the problem and boot Window XP System with theSP2 ready recovery CD Rom. At the moment I keep on getting a blue screen with message ' iaStor.sys file missing' . I simply unable recover Window XP Set up. Help please !

Reaction score
ANy idea's Muck? If the PC is under warranty with Fujitsu they maybe able to supply a more upto date Restore CD(most restore CD's are cr*p anyway - my opinion) When it's loading into the restore Cd before it bluescreen's does it give you an option to load additional drivers or anything - like the full XP Cd will let you push F6(i think) and load additional controller drivers from a Floppy disk or something....

muckshifter

Reaction score
Not sure meself, this person is still wanting an answer too ...

http://forum.de.ts.fujitsu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=37326

... I would suggest borrowing a "real" XP (with sp2) CD off a friend and try again.

I can't find an answer, and, there seems to be a load of Fujitsu owners looking for help on the same subject. Seems common to them. :rolleyes:

I wonder why they stopped making HDs. ;)

One may get better help Here but I won't hold my breath. :)

Reaction score
If its OK with mods..PM me your address and I will send you a copy of a streamlined XP wit everything you need....

Reaction score
Thanks Madxgraphics. I hope it will be OK with moderator for you to let me have your email address so i can give you my address to send me a copy of streamlined XP. Hopefully, this will sort the problem with my PC. Many thanks

muckshifter

Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
If its OK with mods..PM me your address and I will send you a copy of a streamlined XP wit everything you need....
No problem from me ...

Reaction score
HI 61 aj...

Mucks has approved.... so stick your adress in a PM to me and i'll send a copy in the post to you...

Ask a Question