Windows XP Help! Cannot load chipset driver

Reaction score
Hi there,
happy.gif

I have installed Win XP Pro onto my HP XW 8400 workstation. Because the OS cannot detect the machines internal SATA storage HDD drive I am attempting to load the relevant chipset driver via floppy while installing the OS.

1. I have downloaded the relevant Rapid Storage Technology (RST) driver (my chipset is the Intel 5000 X).
  2. I have attempted to integrate the RST driver with the OS via a fresh install of the OS, while also loading the RST driver on a floppy using F6.
  3. After choosing a driver from the list the machine attempts to load the driver from the floppy - this results in the following error message:
    iaStor.sys is corrupted.
This situation has occured with various floppys and downloads of the RST drivers, from different sources. Each time I get the same message: iaStor.sys is corrupted .
confused.gif

This is getting beyond a joke - I need to get my system up and running very soon.

Please could someone offer a solution!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re

[font=&quot]Try to change the BIOS setting "sata mode" to "compatible". Hopefully, it will help you.[/font]

Ask a Question