Outlook Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Cant connect to server

Reaction score
I changed my Password and since then I have not been able to use Outlook 2003.

I get the message, "Outlook could ot connect to the outgoing SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password. "

I also get, for the incoming POP3 the same message.

To fix the problem I did the following. I went to Tools, Email, change password, but this did not fix it.

Can anyone help me, thanks.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I changed my Password and since then I have not been able to use Outlook 2003.

I get the message, "Outlook could ot connect to the outgoing SMTP mail server because the server did not accept your user name and password. "

I also get, for the incoming POP3 the same message.

To fix the problem I did the following. I went to Tools, Email, change password, but this did not fix it.

Can anyone help me, thanks.

Have you tried using your original password ? Can you access your emails via a web interface ?

Reaction score
I changed back to my original password but this didnt fix the problem. I can access my emails through BTyahoo. I cant send or receive using Outlook.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
If you're able to logon via web interface, I would suggest going into Outlook, delete the profile you originaly set up and start again afresh
thumbsup.gif

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
If you change your password via a web interface on your web mail, you will need to input that password into your account settings for outlook. Otherwise, Outlook has no idea you changed your password. These are two separate operations, webmail and outlook.

Tools>Account Settings. Edit the account and input the newly changed password. The account should now allow you to access the mail via Outlook.

Reaction score
I changed my password in Microsoft outlook on Wed evening and it did accept it then. It was when I opened up Outlook y'day that I got the message that Outlook could not connect to the server. I opened Tools, email accounts, and changed the password again, I followed the instructions but still I am having no luck in getting or receiving emails. If I want to see if i have an email or if I want to send one then I can access them through Yahoo but it is more convenient to use Outlook. Can anyone help me please.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I changed my password in Microsoft outlook on Wed evening and it did accept it then. It was when I opened up Outlook y'day that I got the message that Outlook could not connect to the server. I opened Tools, email accounts, and changed the password again, I followed the instructions but still I am having no luck in getting or receiving emails. If I want to see if i have an email or if I want to send one then I can access them through Yahoo but it is more convenient to use Outlook. Can anyone help me please.

If you want to change the password, you first need to change it via web interface ( BTyahoo ) before you can change it in Outlook. Outlook is just a mail client, when you eneter POP3 settings it just pulls all the info from the BTyahoo servers. Changing the password on Outlook won't do a thing unless you have changed it via web.

Ask a Question