Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000 does not work after hibernation state

S

Steve Miller

Hello!

I have got an Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000. the LifeCam dies not work after the computer was
sent to hibernation and came back from it.

I have got other devices sticking in other usb hubs that function with no problems (usb flash
drive, a keyboard, external hard drive ).

When the cam was up and running prior to hibernation or while hibernation :), everything will
be fine. Also, what I can do was to un-plug and to re-plug the cam to the same hub. That's but
no clue since I had to un-plug and to re-plug the cam each time. When I run the program after
hibernation with no prior preparation the cams image(s ) will not show up, but a black square
only and the green light on top of the cam does not flash

Was any one used to the problem and can help?

Thank you,
Steve

B

Bob I

Go into Device Manager and in the Universal Serial Serial Bus section,
go through the hubs,r-click on them, open "Properties", then on the
Power Management tab, UNcheck "Allow the computer to turn off this
device........"

S

Steve Miller

Hi Bob I!

Thank you for your reply. I did, but didn't help at all. Sorry I forgot to mention.

Steve

S

Steve Miller

Bob I, I think the hub was powered. I could plug the usb drive in the cams hub, it will work.

I even could unplug the cam prior to starting the LifeCam program and plug it back into the
same hub the program still off, the cam will work.

It also works fine with a freshly booted up computer and after standby also. Only after
hibernation it does not.

Steve

B

Bob I

In hibernation the PC shuts off, and does not look for "new" things when
powered back on. Perhaps "find new hardware" will restore the cam
after hibernation.

S

Steve Miller

The cam was not actually new hardware after hibernation. All the other usb devices are
ok after hibernation and to function correct with no failure. Only the cam does not.

The motherboard was from around '04, and I did install all the latest drivers but now do
have the one installed Windows XP picked. All the same.

Steve

S

Steve Miller

When the program was running before hibernation the green light goes off while the computer
goes to sleep ánd is back up when the computer was wake. The cam was 'off' while the computer
was in hibernation mode.

S

Steve Miller

That's a good idea since the cam was working already. :) What else could I try out?

I still hope that there was some setting I'm not used to now that would fix the issue.

Steve

If the green light is on after the PC is back up, try "find new hardware".

B

Bob I

Try plugging directly into the PC, or contact MS tech support, or
replace the camera.

S

Steve Miller

Do you think it could be something with the chip set or there like?

Try plugging directly into the PC, or contact MS tech support, or
replace the camera.

B

Bob I

Given that everything else comes back ok, I would hesitate to condemn
the chipset/motherboard.

S

Steve Miller

I have had an other cam prior, which did not work either. It had a faulty joint that
couldn't keep the lens upright. Tthat's why I think it's something with the computer
sooner than with the cam.

the chipset/motherboard.

B

Bob I

Try it on some other computer?

Steve said:
I have had an other cam prior, which did not work either. It had a faulty joint that
couldn't keep the lens upright. Tthat's why I think it's something withthe computer
sooner than with the cam.

the chipset/motherboard.

S

Steve Miller

Not at the time being to be honest.

I'm pretty sure you know someone local with a computer.

Ask a Question