Micro Direct Disgrace

Reaction score
"just about to spend £700 on parts from micro direct does that mean i'm mentally impaired?"

Yes.

I have just spent £1400 with them and got a pile of junk. Cannot contact them, the times I do manage to speak to someone nothing is resolved. Twenty false promises of a return phone call. Two failed pick-ups. At least twenty blatant lies.

These guys are jokers. If you ever buy off them having done a search on the web and read just a few of the appalling reviews (I wish I had done this first), then you are not mentally impaired, but so dim as to be a menace to society.

I notice you live in Manchester, Techy. This must allow you to get preferential treatment or something. Mind you, it is also viable for you to visit their shop and hassle them. It is not viable for me or many others to do this.

Reaction score
always been very could with me, when taking back faulty componants, must be the way i go aout it.

Reaction score
Ah, I think that explains your atitude Techy, lol.

When you take things back... you go into the shop, yes?

I did mail order, I live far enough away that taking things back isn't an option.

The way I went about my business with Microdirect is the same way I have gone about my business for the last five years with every other company, and never have I had a problem. I did not get nasty with anyone on the phone until two weeks of being lied to daily had passed. Fortunately I have an accurate record of every single contact made with the company.

I have had to get the director's names from Companies House for Microdirect due to the company not willing to give the information out. This also provides their home adresses, interestingly enough. I have written both director's a letter explaining the situation and asking them to personally find out what the problem is. It is also almost impossible to get the names of managers from the company - which is generally a sign of a company with problems.

In the event that they sort it, I will simply never touch Microdirect again and only post a few of these reviews. In the event that they don't, there are so many other measures that I can and will take to ensure that their dodgy practises are put to an end.

Microdirect have blatantly and willfully violated my rights and cost me a lot of money in a very short space of time. More fool them.

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
They way i went about getting my money back (which took over 8 weeks) was by sending around 100 emails sayin the same stuff to them.

I got 3 friends to help me out, else it would have took me all day!

There are about 5 different numbers i used ot ring them aswell, and i would say the same ole stuff to each and everyone of them, and each and every one of them had a different story to tell!

They blammed amtrak, but i dont think it was amtrak as i've used different companies who use amtrak and havent had any problems with them!

Here is my list of what i call "safe" sites that you can order from, adn they are in the order of my liking, number 1 being the best.

1. www.overclockers.co.uk
2. www.lowestonweb.com
3. www.aria.co.uk
4. www.savastore.com
5. www.komplett.co.uk

And i didnt want to put ebuyer on the list because i've read load of bad stuff about them, BUT my friend ONLY uses them and hasnt had a problem himself, so im stuck in 2 minds :( (sorry ebuyer).

Now if anyone else wants to add, be my guest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i've said it before and i'll say it again, every company including the ones you recommend above all have there share of faulty goods and unhappy customers, the way i see it is the one's you recommended, your just lucky that nothings gone wrong, but in time it will!

i know people that have had probs with everyone of the above "safe" companies including me.

to me this is a pointless thread!

if it MD were a big issue and were really crap this thread would be on 10 pages by now!!!

and it's not!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
well if you read it you would know its about MY experience, not toms's, not dicks and certainly not harrys.

I was telling you lot on how bad they handled such a small problem because of their incompitence.

but that if you read it.....

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Calm down chaps, no in-house fighting please.

While I agree Techy has a point that NO company will have a 100% customer satisfaction I also respect Reefsmoke's right to 'vent off' providing we keep it on the legal side with no slander intended.

It is a scientific fact, that ... 10 unhappy 'customers' will complain to all who care to listen, while only 3 happy customers’ voice their praise.

All I'm asking is please keep it civil, thank you. ;)

:cool:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Why do I have an odd image of a western in my head, with Mucks as the bar man and Techy and Reefsmoker both with pistols out?! I'll be the woman with the feather boa leaning against the piano asking you two to be nice, calm down, and buy me a drink ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well suppose we did get abit rowdy. Well no harm done and i've had an offer to buy a lovely lady a drink ;).

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Barman!

Sheesh, I thought I at least would be considered a Deputy ... too short 'n squat ... so I suppose I'd make a good barman.

Whose round is it ... :D

Mucks put the 12 gauge back under the bar and wonders off muttering about the quality of the beer in this place ...

Reaction score
I just came off the phone to MD.. chasing a pain in the ... RMA...

I ordered a 6800 GT and it arrived DOA (courtesy of those WWF style couriers - Amtrash.. Amtrac.. same difference)..

So I sent it back. Took me two days to get a response for an RMA number, a further two days to realise that the GPO had returned it and now finally.. I get through on the phone.

They have sent out a new one for Tuesday delivery.

Their excuse? They are very short staffed and cannot cope with the volume of calls. I do feel sorry for them if that is the case but still.... gives me zero confidence.

This is my first (and last) order from them. Il stick to companies like chillblast and Kustom PC. Where I can call and speak to someone who understands and knows hardware without having to wait an age. Sure companies like CB and Kustom PC cost a few quid more but their customer service is a world apart :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I can see their Manchester building out of my window... want me to go round there and stir things up on behalf of you all?! :D

Reaction score
sexy bex said:
I can see their Manchester building out of my window... want me to go round there and stir things up on behalf of you all?! :D
Tell them to ship my card tonight! :mad:

I've had a Doom III pre-release from Activision for a week and I want to be a martian..

No wait. That sounds bad?

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Shorty said:
Tell them to ship my card tonight! :mad:

I've had a Doom III pre-release from Activision for a week and I want to be a martian..

No wait. That sounds bad?
oooo, your missing out big time, this game is off the hook ^_^.

Its scary as hell, ill have a reveiw done later, no worrys there ;).

Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
oooo, your missing out big time, this game is off the hook ^_^.

Its scary as hell, ill have a reveiw done later, no worrys there ;).
I was just gonna ask where the DomeTree review was in the games forum :D

I only had about 5 minutes play with it before my 9800xt went south with a faulty capacitor. Im still chasing ASUS regarding that part (but that's another story altogether).

Sometimes PCs can be very frustrating. Especially when you look after your kit and only buy the very best.

Ask a Question