Micro Direct Disgrace

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kye said:
mirco direct are cheaper and have more produces then pc world components center.
Yes, I suppose they are/do.

Have you not read the rest of this thread?

If you wish to play Russian Roulette, go ahead.

I wish you well, and I wish you good luck.

Reaction score
from what u lot have told mw. I definetly wont be buying anything from microdirect!!!!

hak

Reaction score
God how I wish I'd read this thread before doing business this lot!
Again an "in-stock" item which never arrived depite paying the extra for next business day delivery. Again virtually impossible to get through to anyone in customer-service (one big joke as far as microdirect is concerned). Again having trouble getting my money back despite my best efforts to cancel the transaction!

Lesson learned - AVOID MICRODIRECT LIKE THE PLAGUE!

Kye

Reaction score
I e-mailed mirco direct about somthing unrelated two weeks ago They said they are having a big shake-up, and recruiting more people too cope with the strain and pressure of the demand since there doing so well.
are all the problems with mirco direct recent? it would explain alot if they were.

Reaction score
Miffed off with Micro Direct?

You ought to try MicroLand Technology. They're even worse!

LOL!

Reaction score
Well Still waiting for my £600 refund from Microdirect and that was 2 months ago... apparantly they take 2-3 months+ to handle RMAs.

Gonna post up my situation on this board, but ill email them one last time. I may try just emailing them daily like someone suggested.

Lets see how it goes...

Obviously if u have any common sense stay clear of MicroDirect, they dont really need anyone taking there precious time up... for the next 6 months I reckon!

Reaction score
:( Having recently placed an order with Microdirect, can I just say I wish I'd seen this thread earlier! Placed an order worth £700 nearly two weeks ago and I'm still waiting even after paying for next day delivery. Needless to say should my goods ever arrive, then I will never be placing another order with Microdirect...............EVER!!!!! Avoid them like the plague until they've got their house in order as until then you will be fobbed off, ignored or lied to at every opportunity. But of course if you enjoy that kind of thing then feel free. :eek:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Digger said:
:( Having recently placed an order with Microdirect, can I just say I wish I'd seen this thread earlier! Placed an order worth £700 nearly two weeks ago and I'm still waiting even after paying for next day delivery. Needless to say should my goods ever arrive, then I will never be placing another order with Microdirect...............EVER!!!!! Avoid them like the plague until they've got their house in order as until then you will be fobbed off, ignored or lied to at every opportunity. But of course if you enjoy that kind of thing then feel free. :eek:
Amen to that.

They took the money out my bank the next day when I ordered, I didnt get it when I should do, I paid an extra £15 for re-delivery, I still didnt get it!

Over £17 in calls to them, and they didnt give me my re delivery money back or pay the phone bill!

I feel sorry for ya dude, i just hope you get your stuff quick, because when it comes to near christmas, its just gonna get crazy, they wont be able to handle it!

Reaction score
:mad: Well after five hours of telephone calls somebody at Microdirect finally admitted that my items where out of stock, when asked why I wasn't told this in the first place, instead of being lied to imagine my response when his reply was, " I don't know" !!!!!

I have obviously now cancelled my order and am waiting for my money to be returned to my account, I was told this would take 5-10 working days, Bulls*!t it takes 5-10 working days to credit a clients card! I work with them every day and I know it takes 3 days for a credit to reach anyone's account.

Needless to say I will repeat my earlier warning AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. As I am now minus £700 and minus my order, and obviously I can't even replace these items until my money is returned. This was my first large online order placed with a so called reputable company and has obviously made me wary of ever shopping online again, so to Microdirect, for that I would like to say a big thanks for nothing!! :mad:

So to you guys a question;

I was buying a reconditioned advent t9200 and a 17" Hyundai CRT monitor.
P4 3.4ghz, 512mb RAM,16* DVD and 8* +-DVD RW, 256mb Geforce fx5500 graphics card, 200gb HDD, floppy drive, broadband ready, 56k V92 modem etc, etc, in total this was costing about £700.00 incl VAT & delivery charges, which in all fairness would have been a steal if I would have actually received it! As this has now come to nothing, do any of you guys know of anywhere I can get a similair spec machine for the same price?
And who will actually deliver the goods they promise?

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Have to agree with the title of the thread.
I ordered a TFT screen (in stock according to the site) on 24/10 and I am still waiting. The order status is awaiting despatch.

I have never had a call answered nor an e-mail replied to.

I have cancelled my order and the order is still awaiting despatch. My credit card company cannot act for 30 days. But I will be claiming my money back that way.

If it looks to good to be true, it probably is.

Reaction score
Well its almost 4 months since I sent them my RMA am still waiting for my £600+ cash refund.

I mean what does one do if they dont respond to emails even?

Am not gonna phone em and give them any more ££££ either.

Thing to remember is Microdirect are knee deep they proberly need to hire 20 staff just to check emails daily which I assume they aint.....
I know exactly what position there in cos am in the same position at work sometimes I turn up for work and am the only person on front desk customer services... and when your the only guy and theres 50 customers just standing there looking at you....

Lots of fun !

Still 4 months for an RMA process takes the mick just a tad !

Any advice on the next move? Emaiing Lee @ Microdirect does nothing either no response.

Reaction score
Well to keep you all updated, after sending a particularly threatening email last week, I had a phone call from Microdirect's customer service manager not long after, asking what exactly had gone wrong with my order. After explaining all that had indeed gone wrong, he explained that there where issues with regards to staff shortages etc etc but also that they have a new ordering, delivery system which is obviously having teething problems.
I completely understand this and do sympathise, maybe they're a victim of their own success, but I explained that most customers would actually sympathise with their plight a little bit better if, once issues arise with orders and have been highlighted to the relevant department;
1. It was dealt with promptly and efficiently.
2. An honest answer being given wouldn't go amiss. ( ie if an items out of stock, please tell us it's out of stock immediately and not after 2 weeks and hours of phone calls and emails!)
3. And finally an apology.

I'm sure if everyone who has had an issue with Microdirect was dealt with in this manner, then no-one would be warning potential customers to stay away from them, I mean after all, in the long run this will and is costing Microdirect money!
Anyway the result was I have received a full refund and am looking for alternative suppliers for my computer, I did consider trying them again even asked for a cheeky discount, but as it is the whole experience has put me off shopping online for large items again.
So my advice to anyone chasing Microdirect for cash is simply keep phoning them and keep emailing them until they can't stand you any more and deal with you, just to get you off their case.

Best of luck all!!

Reaction score
Been emailing them weekly for about 4 months now and still no refund, I mean it aint hard they sent me the wrong TFT and a dead Geforce6800GT card all I want is a refund !

Gonna email them again and keep trying.

This is the problem with companies most of the time u buy something and u get it its ok and and thats it. But when u order something thats either the wrong product/dead or not wanted then theres issues always.

My m8s gave up on online orders they just run to pcworld and spend ££££ cos they know if they dont like it they return it saying its faulty.

Reaction score
I found this thread Via Google. Don't let them get away with it, take action.

I am also having problems with Micro Direct with faulty goods and their slowness to issue a refund.

Here is what you should do, contact your local Trading Standards, they will advise you of your rights.
I would also inform Manchester Trading Standards as well, it's only a quick email (e-mail address removed) if more people did this then they would take action.

My Local Trading Standards said they should make a refund within fourteen days.
The Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended by the Sale & Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumers Regulations 2002) says "must be carried out within a reasonable time and without causing significant inconvenience to the consumer."

Send a recorded letter to Micro Direct, setting out what they owe you and give them a time scale to issue a refund, if you have already been waiting over 14 days, then TS advised to give them a further 7 days.

If they still do not issue a refund, then I would issue court proceedings against them.

If you go here http://www.courtservice.gov.uk/mcol/ you can do it all on-line at a cost of £30 for claims upto £300, the £30 is added to the total you are claiming, if Micro Direct fail to respond in 14 days a judgement can be automatically made against them, if they then fail to pay, the courts can use Bailiffs to recover your money, this costs you upto £50 but again this is added to the claim against them.

I would advise you to do your own research, this is all as I understand it :)

Reaction score
I have to order an MP3 player from Micro Direct, It is the ONLY place that sell's it.

Evan there stock is slow "availabilty 1-3 days" 5 days later "sorry, out of stock, availabilty 1-3 days"

I need to order it soon, because it's for X-mas!

KGB

Reaction score
Hi,
I sent off for a new motherboard and processor from www.microdirect.co.uk
The items turned up very quickly but when i took them to a local computer shop he told me there was a problem with one of them. I was told to return the items for re-testing by MD and that they would be in touch in 3 days. They never got in touch and I have spent hours upon hours being kept on hold on their Technical support/customer care, lines. I must have spent a fortune and I was kept on hold for nearly four hours. I eventually got through to a manager who said the items hadn't been tested yet ( 8 days later ) three times they said they would get back to me and didn't. Eventually I was told that they could see no problem with the items so I was to be charged £10.34 and also for postage. I can accept this but who is to say there was nothing wrong with the items? Anyway the reason I went to MD in the first place was to save £40 from buying them in the shops. I would recomend to anyone thinking about buying new computer items to give this company a wide berth, buy from a local shop and that way you can just take it back.
I still don't have my components 14 days later.
www.Microdirect.co.uk are full of broken promises and has put me off from buying online ever again.
I have been without a computerfor two weeks because of MD, so some of the problem might be the company they use for postal, thing is MD took my money and it is their responsibility to make sure I get the components on time...they took the money out of my account quick enough!!

Cheers
Tyneside

Reaction score
Hi,
You say you have the directors name and address. Could you please share this with me as I am desperate to let him know whats happened and how poor his comany is treating me.

Thanks
Tyneside

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
MicroDirect put a representative on PCR, but he has posted a grand total of ONE post, which can be found here.

And another thing... I live near MicroDirect, and I've often walked past and seen two Ferraris parked outside... I wonder if they belong to the management?!

Reaction score
Hi,
Well things have gone bad to worde with Micro Direct.
I didn't get the components on Wednesday and had to get back in touch with them again. They said they hadn't been posted yet!! Anyway I got them on Thursday morning but guess what ? There was no processor !! I got back in touch with them and they say it was in there when it was posted to me and because the packaging was not tampered with then.....
So it boils down to me being a liar and just saying it wasn't there, I feel gutted I now have no processor, cannot use my computer, have waited ages for MD to send it out , spent more than I wanted to, £15 on phone calls and now I'm a liar. I now have to go and buy a new processor..from a shop though definatley not online.
They said the only thing I can do is write to the manager.
Anyone reading this please don't go to www.microdirect.co.uk or .com
Anyone with problems getting though to MD I have direct telephone lines through to two managers and the Managing directors name and address, email me if you want them.

Ask a Question