Micro Direct Disgrace

Reaction score
apologies reef.

didn't mean to start anything, just never had any probs with MD and they are my main supplier, only prob i've ever had with them is a PSU that set on fire! but they gave a full refund!

peace man peace ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I think we both to blame 50-50 :p .

I blame it on this hot weather ;).

Maybe i can get you a drink aswell as becks :).

Reaction score
just read the last 3 pages of this thread, it probably wasnt funny for the 2 of you but i found somewhat ammusing :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Hello folks, looks like we got a response for your calls of help from MicroDirect. We've had an MD official representative sign-up on the forum, Lee Myott.

Those of you that are already in contact with MD with a claim/dispute at MD I suggest that you carry on with your present inquiries. If, however, you think Lee may be able to assist further then why not give him a call.

Please keep us informed as to any development with your claim/grievance.

Lee Myott

:thumb:

Reaction score
Shorty said:
Sometimes PCs can be very frustrating. Especially when you look after your kit and only buy the very best.

I Throw Mine Down The Stairs!... Fixed In Components With Unibonds "No More Nails".... Balanced My Brew On The Cup Holder (CD-ROM Tray)... Havent Defraged Since The First Gulf War!!.. (Or Was It The First World War... Cant Remember)! ......Wash It In The Shower... Use It As A Workbench (A DIY Workbench)....Plus A Host Of Other Things

Somtimes The Cat Wees In It Too!!

But It....Works Every Time!!..:)

(Just Kidding About The Cat Wee.... We Dont Even Have A Cat)!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Hey spooky, how come you always put capitals at the start of each and every word in your posts?

Must take you ages to to type a simple reply :blush: .

Reaction score
Reef ... Come To Think Of It....I Dunno Really..... Its Just Habbit I Suppose..

But The Good Thing Is.. There Isnt Much Chance Of Me Missing Where The Capitals Are Supposed To Go!!.. :)

Reaction score
i used the top of my old comp as a soldering bench. It really was/ is a complete mess, but it was pretty good coz it looked like a tramp but the bits inside all went like the proverbial bomb. I sit on my new case (tis that strong- no mean feat) but apart from that, tis all shiny and nice. This will change.

Reaction score
5 weeks and counting still havent had my RMA resolved or my money back...

Was considering reordering from Microdirect but obviously waiting 5-6 weeks aint encouraging!

Having said that I dont find Microdirect too bad ive had alot far worser problems Ie

OcUK=Brought a mainboard in stock and erm it wasnt so ruined an entire 1.4k order.

Ebuyer=They sent me the wrong coloured dvdwriter.....4 times

MD = Issue as above 5 weeks and counting should get my money back this week !

So far I havent met one company thats normal, its a shame you cant just buy something and actually get it the next day.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
HighlandeR said:
So far I havent met one company thats normal, its a shame you cant just buy something and actually get it the next day.
My thoughts exacly. Its not rocket science to put something in a box and put an address on it.

But they'll put the wrong address on, lose the address, mis-spell the address, forget to send it out, send it out damaged, send the wrong item and just genrally be retarded. Amd when you complain, they'll put the blame on either you or the delivery company. I'm not saying the delivery company isnt to blame sometimes, but 99% of problems is from the company itself.

I suppose they cant help sending out faulty items, as they cant test every single item they get in.

But in my experience of ordering CD's and DVD's off the net, I havent had a single problem!

Reaction score
I think companies in general should have a Order list and each item should be PROPERLY checked its the right one before its boxed and despatched. I know how it is cos most just whack it in the box and just tick yes, yes, yes, yes sign and time and date and off it goes....

Then this cost the company in question £20-30 instant loss and plain headache for all the companies, not to mention alot of time loss for all.

The smallest things can be done to fix this, ie on the order list leave a space, force the warehouse picker to write down the product code/serial. Am sure theres other way too, Ebuyer I think once moved onto a weighing system so if the order came in so did the weight and if it was picked and boxed and it weighed wrong they knew something was missing/incorrect... but I think they got rid of that system.

Clever thinking but I think easier/cheaper soloutions are already out there... its proberly called common sense for one thing.

Reaction score
It doesnt matter what company people shop with, any large company will make mistakes every now and then. Yes its a pain in the ass for the "victim" but can anyone here honestly say they`ve never made a mistake an p***ed someone off as a result???
In the case of ebuyer sending the wrong colour of drive 4 times, that sounds like a product description/ code mis-match. That happens too with any large company with thousands of lines. Theres very few exceptions to that rule.
The only company that i`ve heard too many bad things about is dabs. So I vote with my pocket- I dont shop there. Everyone has the choice to shop where they want. If a company rubs you the wrong way, learn from it and go somewhere else!
Heres the real test for me tho... Will I be as diplomatic the next time I get messed around??!? Heh..

Reaction score
Yeah course, mistakes are made but in the case of Ebuyer sending me the same wrong product 4 times I mean come on lol

If I email them saying heres my order see where it says Black Teac Drive, can you please get someone with a set of eye balls to pick up a black drive instead of a white one.

In the end they still couldnt do it so I got a refund.

Having said that you mighta hit the nail on the head, I think warehouse apes they just stick to the rules and codes... no common sense or thinking involved, lets just pick up this item with this number on it and throw it in a box....

Reaction score
There was an old joke at my old place of work.... "You`re not paid to think" That work attitude is probably upheld religiously in some places. With the ebuyer thing again- It was prob a different stock donkey each time, each making the same mistake. Ah well....

Reaction score
Is Microdirect still in business?

I have bought a lot of stuff from them without problems. This time I just can't get them to finish their delivery. They delivered a power supply I ordered but not the keyboard. The delivery note says the keyboard is 'to follow'. I've tried to phone - no reply. I've e-mailed and had nothing but excuses. The Microdirect website used to say 'awaiting despatch'. That was a month ago and their mail is being returned. This isn't just Amtrak!

Tonight I went onto their site and IE says ' the page cannot be displayed'.

Does anybody know what's going on?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very interesting Derek! It appears to be down at this end too.

I assume they are still up and running as I passed the building today and it seemed ok. If the webpage isn't back up by tomorrow, I will check this out for you by going in the shop.

Kye

Reaction score
i was going too buy from micro direct, but considering since, i dont know.

PC worlds PC components site is where i got all the parts too build the PC i have now, and it was 3 times i ordered components from there site, and three times i got it the next day.

but they have limited components. im after 512mb of corsair value ram DDR PC3200. the CAS2.5 one, since there is a CAS3.0 of the corsair value 512mb. i was going too get geil value 512mb from mirco direct, but i really dont trust sites ive never brought from before.

ill have is going down too PC world. but otherwise im only buying from i site i know i can trust.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Kye: Through experience, and maybe I'm being cynical, I don't think there's one site out there you can fully trust.

www.overclockers.co.uk have the RAM you're after, 2 x 512Mb, matched, (1Gb) for around £130.00.

Kye

Reaction score
i already have 512. im not willing too take out 2 sticks that are good enough for another two 256 sticks of ram. im on budget :(

i have three slots, and having one 256mb stick left over, that will be 1280MB of ram! but considering the PSU woe ive been suffering, im really not sure what im going too do without spending so much money.

i live in bath, and the PC world we have here is not very big, but i always check there first. or, if there is somthing online which i need and is alot cheaper ill buy it online. mirco direct are cheaper and have more produces then pc world components center.

Ask a Question