Memory sticks! (Please help!)

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm planning to buy a new computer soon and I want to move my files, MP's and Video clips to my new compuetr from my old one. Someone recomnded me to use memory sticks, like this one- http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?NOV-MS2GBU

I've got few questions about it, and I would appreciate it if someone could answer them as truthfuly as possible.

1. Does it transfer MP's and video clips SAFELY? (those are the most important things to me on the PC)
2. Do I insert the MS to ANY USB port?
3. And basicly how does it work when I insert it?

Thanks

Reaction score
USB stick memories are very useful.
If you want to transfer big size files by this way it will take you a lot of time.
If is preferable to buy a cross cable and make a link between the two PC's.
It is faster but the configuration is not easy to do.

Reaction score
Using XP it will recognise the drive no drivers required
Then double click on my computer you will see the drive right click the drive and create a short cut to the desk top.drag and drop your files done! Eesy peesy:thumb:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Kaka said:
hi, thanks for the replies,

im just wondering though, can I use the sticks to transfer data as many times as I want?

IM thinking of buying this one- http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=85825

do you think it's good?

Yes.:thumb:

When you have transferred your data to the appropriate destination and, you are sure it is safe, you can then format the flash drive as many times as you like.

I use them and found them to be very efficient indeed, I must point out make sure you do the transfer correctly when you think you have done it remove the flash drive from your pc, restart the pc [without the drive in place] just to make sure that the data is stored on the pc. Or you will loose the data once you format.

;)

Reaction score
thanks.

few more questions though, what do you mean by formatting? is a compliacted procces? does it take ages?

when i purchase the stick, does it come with a instruction book something like that?

Reaction score
This is the files and it's sizes that I want to move-

My Docs 23.1 MB

My Music 3.13 GB

My Pictures 13.3 MB

My Videos 1.71 GB

Others 6.98 MB

My Favourities 17.9 KB

should be easy procces, yeah?

Reaction score
You only need to format in the event of the drive being in need of it. Formatting does not take long; don’t format unless you really need to.
  • Put into the drive what you require IE: photos/documents/music Etc:
  • Now transfer to the destination of your choice.
  • When you have transferred the data you are only transferring a copy of the data, you will still have the original data in you flash drive
  • You can leave every thing in/on the flash drive.
  • If it gets full you can then delete what you no longer require from the flash drive.
  • Make sure that you no longer require them as when you delete them they are gone for ever
  • Yes you will have instructions with the component if not go to the web site this one in your case http://www.corsairmicro.com/
  • Then enter the model number and read the instructions.;)

Reaction score
Kaka said:
This is the files and it's sizes that I want to move-

My Docs 23.1 MB

My Music 3.13 GB

My Pictures 13.3 MB

My Videos 1.71 GB

Others 6.98 MB

My Favourities 17.9 KB

should be easy procces, yeah?

You will have to move the music/videos in a number of sessions
do them first as they total nearly 5GB thats quite large.
As for the rest no problem, you can leave them in the flash drive after transfer.

Ask a Question