Master Boot Record Error

G

I have owned XP since September of 2003. Over 20 times, I have received the message, "Master Boot Record Error...Press a key" on a black screen. When I press a key, it says, "Operating System Not Found." I use Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then F10 for system recovery and it eventually comes out of it. This is very frustrating since I will be out of commission for at least 10 minutes each time and lose what is on my screen. What's the problem? How do I fix it? Any info will be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ed Larso
LaCrosse, WI

R

roger

Hi Ed,

I have owned XP since September of 2003. Over 20 times, I have received the message, "Master Boot Record Error...Press a key" on a black screen. When I press a key, it says, "Operating System Not Found." I use Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then F10 for system recovery and it eventually comes out of it. This is very frustrating since I will be out of commission for at least 10 minutes each time and lose what is on my screen. What's the problem? How do I fix it? Any info will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Ed Larson
LaCrosse, WI

Computer Stops Responding with a Black Screen When You Start Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314503

Good luck

Ask a Question