Mass Effect

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Has anyone played Mass Effect on a console before? It is being released in the next week or so and has had some really good write ups :nod:

http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/masseffect/index.html

I'm probably going to get this, as I've never played an RPG properly before - but this one sounds like it is quite action packed :D

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I'm probably going to get this, as I've never played an RPG properly before - but this one sounds like it is quite action packed :D

huh? :p

ive never played it, but i heard plenty of good things about it.

... u shure you never played one? :D :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever played one fully - I did try Neverwinter for a bit (and a very small ammount of Morrowind) but that's about it. About time I gave one a proper go :D

Bex really liked Neverwinter, so I should probably try that again too :blush:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Bought this yesterday, so will be giving it a try this week and then will report back :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This game is good! :D

The storyline is much better than many games I've played - and there's a good mix of combat/RPG to make it interesting :) I won't repeat everything that's in the review above, but if you are considering getting a new game then this could well be a good choice ;)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds interesting.

I'm still wading through Oblivion: Elder Scrolls 4 and when I eventiually finish I may well start again and do all the sub-quests.

Oblivion is the only RPG I've ever got into, to be quite honest. I'd tried Neverwinter Nights; Elder Scrolls 3 and even the old Ultima Underworld series. Didn't really like them.

Quite liked Planescape Torment though, if that's an RPG, although I never did finish it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Finished this today, and it has a good ending :D

I wish I'd spent more time on the sub-quests though, as I did quite a few but didn't finish them all. I didn't realise that I wouldn't get a chance to go back to them.

It does give me a chance to play the game and finish them, whilst making my character be evil rather than good ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I really liked it, so I think it's worth considering :) It's not quite as good as HL2, but not that far off IMO :)

Ask a Question