Malcolm's Funeral

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
And one more for this evening, another thread from BBF that, somehow, I never got round to posting here, From 2005, the original thread from BBF:

I'd known this guy on and off for the last 20 years or so.

He was one funny bastard and always good company. He could be abusive and insulting but that was part of his charm.

I remember seeing him sitting in The Morden Arms at Greenwich one evening and said cheerily 'Hi Malcolm!' He replied '**** Off'

I know that sounds odd, but he was one of the local characters round here. And now he's gone.

He also sold my mate's boat, The Hunky Dory, to him (there's a pic thread about it on this Forum somewhere).

Oh well, rest in peace Malcolm, we'll miss you :(

London Comedian found dead

(my reply in original thread):

Thanks, everybody.

I've just been speaking to one of me mates, seems Malcolm had a win on the horses, won over £800.00 and proceeded to celebrate his winning by getting good and drunk.

Whilst a little worse for wear he went for a walk on the deck of his pub, the Wibbly Wobbly, which is a converted London Barge.

And fell over the side.

He loved the river, and in the end it took him.

I didn't go out last night but apparently lot's of people turned up at The Cutty Sark, my favourite pub, on hearing of his death. It was his favourite drinking hole.

Amongst the mourners were The Cosmic Sausages another local act who seem to turn up at festivals everywhere.

Oh well, Malcolm was a comedian, silly old sod, looks like he was trying to give us a laugh even as he exited.

And my last post in original thread:

We buried Malcolm today.

If it's correct protocol to say such a thing, it was probably the best funeral I've ever been to. 90 minutes, 3 hymns, 2 prayers, tears and a lot of laughter.

Must have been half the country's alternative comedians there, the Church was packed. Even the Vicar raised a few laughs.

Malcolm's hearse had floral wreaths, 'XXX' on the front; a Smiley with glasses and an anchor on one side; 'That's Life' on the other side and on the front, the legend 'Knob Out'

It was that kind of funeral. There were many moist eyes in the house when his children read tributes.

His coffin had Learner plates front and rear and the lid sported his sailor's hat and a lifebelt from his boat.

The exit music was 'Return To Sender' by Elvis Presley, Malcolm chose it himself.

Pix of the service program and a few shots of the funeral itself below.

I'd like to think that this little corner of BBF is my own tribute to Malcolm and a memory for me.

We will miss him terribly.

It's 2.30 now, later I'll be going to the wake at The Trafalgar, probably get there for about 5pm.

malcolm01.jpg

malcolm02.jpg

malcolm03.jpg

malcolm04.jpg

malcolm05.jpg

malcolm06.jpg

malcolm07.jpg

malcolm08.jpg

malcolm09.jpg

malcolm10.jpg

malcolm11.jpg

Ask a Question