Making Animated Gifs...

DD

I want to make and modify some animated Gifs but have no idea how to go
about it! Could someone suggest suitable programs for a beginner?

DD

The Six Million Dollar Man

me

I want to make and modify some animated Gifs but have
no idea how to go
about it! Could someone suggest suitable programs for a
beginner?

DD

Do a search for msgifanimator
and pick a site you'd trust (as $6MM points out, stay away from
gator ;).

I got it a long time ago from a site that's now "404."

Susan Bugher

I would find it very hard to trust a Freeware Site that recommends the
use of Gator.

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/6013/internet.html

Their review shows a star beside GATOR, and the review states "Very
useful and practical password manager."

:)

Microsoft GIF animator - v 1.0.0.101 - go to ->

http://www.jhepple.com/
http://www.jhepple.com/gif_animator.htm

Download the Setup program (with help*)
http://www.jhepple.com/support/ftp/AniGif/gifsetup.exe
1079 KB

Download the EXE file only
http://www.jhepple.com/support/ftp/AniGif/GIFAnimator.exe
524 KB

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

John Corliss

DD said:
I want to make and modify some animated Gifs but have no idea how to
go about it! Could someone suggest suitable programs for a beginner?

Your best bet is Ulead Gif Animator 2:

http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/index.php

I've tried them all and this one is the best.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)

Stan Weiss

John said:
Your best bet is Ulead Gif Animator 2:

http://encoderx.co.uk/imageeditors/index.php

I've tried them all and this one is the best.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)
or Roger Johansson, for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial
software, crippleware, demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware,
spyware, time-limited software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

John, I got that in July of '03 for my nephew. Is this a later version?
Thanks
Stan

FreeGPL.com

I strongly recommend Animator 9 - you can get it from www.download.com

It isn't as full featured as some of the other programs listed but
it's simply and free without any spyware installations - and listen to
the wise men - stay the hell away from Gator.

www.FreeGPL.com
Open Source for Enterprise

Stan said:
John, I got that in July of '03 for my nephew. Is this a later version?

Stan,
AFAIK, it's the last free version of the program. Sorry, I can't
answer your question because I don't know what version you got. All I
really know is that it's a great program.

--

John said:
Stan,
AFAIK, it's the last free version of the program. Sorry, I can't
answer your question because I don't know what version you got. All I
really know is that it's a great program.

--
Regards from John Corliss
I don't reply to trolls like Andy Mabbett, Doc (who uses sock puppets)
or Roger Johansson, for instance. No adware, cdware, commercial
software, crippleware, demoware, nagware, PROmotionware, shareware,
spyware, time-limited software, trialware, viruses or warez for me, please.

Thanks John
Stan